• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it time for Carlisle yet?

I am right next to the bathrooms and showers -- so you'll be up my way for 1 or the other!!!!
Stop by and say hi -- check out my juicy MOPAR spread -- and I'll have extra cold waters on hand --
come by and grab one for FREE ---
I am at H107 & H108 --- look for the mountains of BRAND NEW Brake Drums and ROTORS --- and some
++ ASBESTOS ++ Pads & Shoes ------- & a whole lot more!!!!!!!!! ------ Craig

Yes, Quarter Aces is shut down and is for sale. Been for sale since last year. 39 Acres in all. Heard of couple of local racers that were racing there for years were going to buy it during the winter but guess it fell through cause the sign is still there up for sale. That was last week. I am a local and pass the track all the time. Hopefully someone with some race blood and money will buy it.

Wizard

Yes, Quarter Aces is shut down and is for sale. Been for sale since last year. 39 Acres in all. Heard of couple of local racers that were racing there for years were going to buy it during the winter but guess it fell through cause the sign is still there up for sale. That was last week. I am a local and pass the track all the time. Hopefully someone with some race blood and money will buy it.

Wizard

Wow it's for sale and not open for business. That's a bad sign for sure. I liked that track. Great area to live in too. Right in the middle of farm land.

Wow it's for sale and not open for business. That's a bad sign for sure. I liked that track. Great area to live in too. Right in the middle of farm land.

Never mind that. Did I see something about free beer?

South Moutain

To All

Re: Quarter Aces dragway sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat Jun 28 2014 04:27 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Hi Al, Thanks for getting out the news that the former named drag strip Quarter Aces now being called South Mountain Raceway that Mike Natoli bought on June 25 2014 is getting ready to start racing again! Mike is trying to have the track operating for the Chryslers @ Carlisle on friday July 11 2014,I will try to post as much information as i can about the track progress.And to all Moparts members that would like to race your car on friday July 11 @ the New South Mountain Raceway go to the web sight for the track to find out more information.Track Manager Mike Jones and his wife Cathy have been putting up current updates on the track.By the way Al Excellent Pictures that you always post,Thank You Top Fuel Tony

What's New At Quarter Aces

6/26/2014 - Mike Jones will be at the track working this Saturday after 8AM. Work Day this Sunday

10-3.

6/25/2014 - We are excited and happy to announce Mike Natoli and Deb Klieber are the new owners

of the now named South Mountain Raceway. Over the next several weeks we will be

working on the track to get it up and running ASAP. We will need Chain Saws, Weed

Wackers, shovels, rakes, etc. Paving will be taking place over the next several days, thanks to

Capital Area Paving, Dylan Griffey, as well as gates are being put up.

Any and all that can help it would be appreciated, Mike Jones will be up working on

Saturday, June 28, 2014, and I would like to get as many as can help on Sunday, June 29, 2014

from 10-3.

July 5th and 6th, we would like to have a work weekend, as well as a meet and greet with the

new owners. We would like to have a cookout and offer folks the chance to camp out as well.

Additional info to follow.

To All

Re: Quarter Aces dragway sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sat Jun 28 2014 04:27 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Hi Al, Thanks for getting out the news that the former named drag strip Quarter Aces now being called South Mountain Raceway that Mike Natoli bought on June 25 2014 is getting ready to start racing again! Mike is trying to have the track operating for the Chryslers @ Carlisle on friday July 11 2014,I will try to post as much information as i can about the track progress.And to all Moparts members that would like to race your car on friday July 11 @ the New South Mountain Raceway go to the web sight for the track to find out more information.Track Manager Mike Jones and his wife Cathy have been putting up current updates on the track.By the way Al Excellent Pictures that you always post,Thank You Top Fuel Tony

What's New At Quarter Aces

6/26/2014 - Mike Jones will be at the track working this Saturday after 8AM. Work Day this Sunday

10-3.

6/25/2014 - We are excited and happy to announce Mike Natoli and Deb Klieber are the new owners

of the now named South Mountain Raceway. Over the next several weeks we will be

working on the track to get it up and running ASAP. We will need Chain Saws, Weed

Wackers, shovels, rakes, etc. Paving will be taking place over the next several days, thanks to

Capital Area Paving, Dylan Griffey, as well as gates are being put up.

Any and all that can help it would be appreciated, Mike Jones will be up working on

Saturday, June 28, 2014, and I would like to get as many as can help on Sunday, June 29, 2014

from 10-3.

July 5th and 6th, we would like to have a work weekend, as well as a meet and greet with the

new owners. We would like to have a cookout and offer folks the chance to camp out as well.

Additional info to follow.

excellent, i'll be there Friday with the hemi to do some testing before Beaver Springs. South mountain is a better name imo. good luck with the track. it's in a great area of the country too.

I always thought the name of the track was called "South Mountain". Located just outside of Mt. Holly Springs. Turn back the road next to the Sheets store. Not too far and you'll find it on the right. They have the ticket booth right next to the burn out box. Smoke blowing out across the main road! They only had a small set of bleachers to sit on and a hill to watch the action. Just an 1/8th mile track.
I was there about the same year that Beaver Springs started their Nostalgia racing, the same weekend of Chrysler Carlisle. 2005? Chrysler Carlisle even had a "shuttle bus" to take you there. They were running Max Wedges...

Ok, here's the website and a video of the track. (Pay no mind to the car making a pass in this video)

http://www.quarteracesdragway.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re6iyB2J_uk

Where we all meeting?
I think Friday might be the better day.

Yes. I'll be there Thursday and Friday and will meet up if everyone decides to. Let me (us) know where and when.

let's find out what BOBTILE and the infamous AMISH-BOBBY think, I'll be there with JayZ love and Jimi V. meeting up with Bobtile & son, but I want to sit at the head of the table :director2:

let's find out what BOBTILE and the infamous AMISH-BOBBY think, I'll be there with JayZ love and Jimi V. meeting up with Bobtile & son, but I want to sit at the head of the table :director2:

I have a Nendra race to win first. Can't think about Carlisle till after the race. Winner gets head of the table.

I have a Nendra race to win first. Can't think about Carlisle till after the race. Winner gets head of the table.

Well good luck on the winning of the race but will Chris (SSR) be paying for dinner?
I'm hungry and thirsty.

So are we talking the dinner right outside of gate 1? Let us know which night. I'm there all week so any night works for me.

tumblr_mkwvvtj64G1r3d8abo1_r2_500.gif

lol

Well good luck on the winning of the race but will Chris (SSR) be paying for dinner?
I'm hungry and thirsty.
Yes, he said he would.as long as he can sit at the head of the table.

Auto Transport Service
Back