• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a 68 sport satellite

We are always here to help. It's our favorite subject.

The safest decision is to always walk away.

The lemon inspection was smart thinking on your part.

About the only thing I'll add is those mid 20 cars you always here about are difficult to find. I searched for over four years, travelled to five states, and never found that solid mid20 driver. So, start looking at 29 and up and be patient. Good luck.

I am finding that out I drove a 69RR yesterday wanted 20k with no original interior no fender tag just bucket seats an a fresh 2k paint job not for me

There's a reasonably solid, but disassembled 69 RR with a boat load of parts down here for 16K.

Been listed several times for the past year. No takers.

There was a driver A/C car needing quarters for 14K. Lasted almost 6 months.

How about a 68 Coronet?

SUPER nice one down here for 19K. In it's second month.

Hmm, 69 says "all original".

Can it be with that color?

That Sarasota coronet seems like an honest car, but with 318 I'm not sure it will bring asking price. That car has been on eBay at least twice in the past few months.

I really am not trolling, nor do I want to start a flame war, but those mid 20 solid drivers I always heard about were unicorns in my experience.

If you were gonna buy a six cyl car just because it had a BB in it, you should at least entertain 318 cars.

It's cheaper to put a big block in a nice small block car than it is to make a rotted out big block car nice.

So you guys are saying it's hard to find a mid 20's decent b body? This being my first mopar, I guess I found a decent deal? $27900, super solid with 383. It is just a Satellite though. Paint is 8.5-9 out of 10.
IMG_2191.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2349.JPG

20170401_164859_zpsn1odr665.jpg

dubs chops
offline.gif

Loc: Tulsa
Well Guys, I hate to do this. I really dont want to sell it but I got a really good deal on an Ebody and I cant keep both.

this is a 1969 satellite roadrunner clone. It has a 383 in it running about 9.3-1 compression with a fresh set of edelbrock aluminum RPM heads ported by a speedshop in vegas. (I can get the name if its a must) it is running a mopar purple .474 cam. Hooker long tube headers with no other exhaust at the moment.

It has a freshly rebuilt 727 floor shift with a revers full manual valve body from A&A transmission with low apply. torker 383 single plane intake holley 750cfm carb, carter 7psi mechanical fuel pump, 10 gallon fuel cell in the trunk with the battery and shutoff. I have not gotten to take it back to the track yet but I will as soon as they have a test and tune day to she what she runs now.

the bad
the body does have some surface bubbles on the rear quarters and the doors.(Minimal) the worst rust is under the original vinyl top and behind the rear window. I think they are both salvageable without any new metal. the floors need a few patches. the carpet is bad. kicker panels are disintegrating. body has a few bumps and scratches. the vinyl top is pretty much toast. I am going to be working on replacing the carpet and kick panels if time allows but the price will need to go up to accommodate the new parts.

the good,
It is a running driving B Body that needs very little sheet metal work. Runs and sounds like a dragon on meth! nice centerline wheels, A12 hood, B&M ProMatic 2 with the nuetral safty switch hooked up even! $4,000 worth of recent receipts for motor and transmission. Has the roadrunner Horn (Not working), seats are nice, power steering, it is just freaking AWESOME!

I am asking 15,000 obo. In all honesty I turned down 12k yesterday so please no crazy low offers. I can put the 906 heads back on with fresh head gaskets and ill knock $1,000 off the price. I am located near Tulsa OK my number is 918-857-2551
20170401_165732_zpsirl17rqx.jpg

on moparts

Found a 69 satellite on CL in MN just no way of checking it out from Bama. So close but so far away

ask a member in the area to look at it.

unless a garage kept survivor, any car coming out of the northeast or the rust belt is going to be junk in need of everything sheet metal........ grab up the car basket case posted before it is gone......... the seller is also a member here

IMG_2521.jpg
Well I took a gamble on 69 sport satellite with a 440 site in seen an bought it and the car finally got delivered!!!

Did you get an inspection? Tell us about your car!

looks like the rear wheel arches wave been radiused. looks pretty good.

Auto Transport Service
Back