• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My BUDGET 451 build... finally

Geez, Dan. I was getting +-10mpg with dual Edelbrocks on my crossram and 3:91 gears. Better keep after that carburetor....lol.

Just calculated my fuel efficiency... 5.9 mpg. Gonna get used to this scene.

View attachment 510933
WOW? What cam and carb are you running? Also what gear? I drove my '65 440 equipped Satellite from Clearwater to central Illinois and got 15mpg with a 727, Carter 625, and a 2.93 open 8 3/4.

Tell me about those strut bars going through your firewall... very interesting...

They're from xv engineering - nice pieces. Cut down on twist and firm up the front end real nice. Driverside needed some serious mods to fit, glad I made friends with the votech welding teacher.

Last edited:
WOW? What cam and carb are you running? Also what gear? I drove my '65 440 equipped Satellite from Clearwater to central Illinois and got 15mpg with a 727, Carter 625, and a 2.93 open 8 3/4.

Just a Holley 750 vac secondary and a 727. The 5.9 has become about 7, but I'd say that's as far as it goes. 4.10's and 2800/3000 rpm everywhere I go will do that.

Oh to answer the rest of your question, I'm running a lunati hyd flat tappet cam. 276/284 advertised 234/242 @0.050". Nothin crazy.

Picking up my fitech 1200 today

Gonna need that baby to handle the beast. I told my wife about that monster you're building... we had a good laugh at how beasts like that can be controlled with EFI. Back in the day...

Glad to see you got the ol girl back together, braces look great too! Hope that EFI helps the mileage... holy cow that's drinking the fuel!! Lol

Well lookey what the stork brought by...

IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG
IMG_6029.JPG

Bad ***, I’ve been slacking mine is sitting at my builders shop waiting for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back