• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Garage

I installed the rest of the soffit...flashing and siding on the East elevation.
I used the .040 Aluminum rather than the thin stuff...
It is a bright white and really pops against the grey siding and the roofing.
Finally I get a look at it without the scaffolding...
boogie.gif

Now to repeat it on the other side...
runaway.gif

Attachments
0910171554.jpg

0910171625.jpg

0910171625a.jpg

0910171919.jpg

It really makes things a lot easier when you don't use typical rolled flashing. This is all made from one piece of aluminum...Brake everything square and it will fit like a glove...
devil.gif

Attachments
0910171625c.jpg

0910171626.jpg

0910171919a.jpg

In a previous post you were wondering about floor coatings. On mine, I used a solvent based epoxy, instead of water based, to put on. The slab was just a broom finish since I knew I would paint it. I do have burn marks on it from welding jobs, probably would have been less of an issue if it were bare but at least with the coating, cleaning the floor is easier. One thing I would recommend you do if you coat, I figured this out after it was done, is to mix all your color component in one container then put it back into the smaller buckets. My paint is the same color in name but the differences between buckets was huge. I marked out my floor so the batch could do the specified square foot area. After most was down, I looked and saw the changes between the sections. Too late to fix once its down. At least with the floor occupied by tools, equipment, car, lift, shelves etc its not as noticeable.

It really makes things a lot easier when you don't use typical rolled flashing. This is all made from one piece of aluminum...Brake everything square and it will fit like a glove...
devil.gif

Attachments
View attachment 513176

View attachment 513177

View attachment 513178
Lol, when I had the guy out here who was making the siding I specifically asked for one piece caps that went on under the roof and capped the whole end off... done in one process...

Looks great.

Thx...
I got the scaffold plank re installed on the west elevation and put the tyvek and installed the last window.
I've been waiting on these PVC pre-made corners to come in and wouldn't you know one of them was damaged during shipment.
I installed the one on the west elevation and started running the siding last night. With a little luck I should be able to get the other aluminum trim installed over the w/e.
Still waiting for the vertical board and batten siding I ordered for the front to come in...
rant.gif
runaway.gif

Attachments
0913171046.jpg

0913171047.jpg

0913171048.jpg

Although it is just a garage most construction practices are the same as if this were a house on the exterior.
Taxman came around today...Its not even finished and he was looking to access a value for tax purposes...
rant.gif

I did get the siding on the west elevation finished as high as I could reach last night and built up the scaffold to finish up the balance.
A good rest of the week and maybe by Sunday I can have 3 of the 4 elevations finished.
Vertical board and batten siding for the front is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
I still need to order the brick for the front elevation...factory is in Texas so depending on where this may be an issue...
shruggy.gif

Attachments
0914171351.jpg

Find a hole that needs to be back filled and drop the taxman in for part of the fill.

All of the exterior sheating...tyvek...siding...soffit and fascia on the west elevation is now complete...
boogie.gif

No more high work...
runaway.gif

I removed the scaffold at the west and set up a platform out front and began running the soffit and fascia there.
The snow rails came in for the roof so I'm going to install those as well...
thumbs_up.gif

Attachments
0917170855.jpg

0917171042.jpg

0917171043b.jpg

0917171506.jpg

I finished all of the soffit under the 3' overhang in the front on Monday.
I finished installing the fascia on the front last night.
There are a couple small waves that will hide behind the gutter system as will the attachment pin nails...
whistling.gif

Attachments
0919171924a.jpg

0919171926.jpg

0919171933.jpg

0919171922.jpg

looking very thanks for the updates keep em coming :thumbsup:

Very nice work. It amazes me how much of what you are doing is to handle the climate conditions of your area. I'm more or less in the So Cal almost desert area and we don't have to do nearly as much as you. My garage was built with the foam blocks and large beams for roof support. Like that setup with the beams since it gives me a lot of room.

Thx...
Managed to get started on the PVC trim around the garage doors and the vertical siding.
The siding is from a company called Celect. It's made from a PVC type plastic...seems like a really nice deal since you're not supposed to ever have to paint it.
I installed 1" Styrofoam insulation between the siding at the exterior sheathing.
I mocked up the light fixture but may opt for a slightly bigger one instead...

Attachments
0924170811.jpg

0923171827a.jpg

0923171928a.jpg

0924171024b.jpg

So far I really like it although you need to have a very level substrate or it shows...
The small area below it will get brick at a later time...

Attachments
0924170807.jpg

0924171023.jpg

0924171024.jpg

0924171912.jpg

I completed all of the trim around the garage doors and all of the siding at the front. Traded up to a larger light fixture and installed the small LED motion lights under the overhang.
I still need to install the snow rails and the gutter front and back.

Attachments
1001171837.jpg

1002170646.jpg

Didn't really need it there with the overhang. I'll install it at the bottom 3' 6" where the brick will go once I move the scaffolding...

I installed the snow rail on the front elevation Monday night and am having the one piece gutter for the front and back delivered tomorrow. I opted for the larger gutter rather than the smaller one. That should take care of everything on the front elevation that I need the scaffolding for...
thumbs_up.gif

In the meantime I figured I might as well complete the porch decking and handrails. Need to pick-up a few more pickets and that's one more project completed...
runaway.gif

Attachments
1005171855.jpg

1005171856.jpg

You should have your gutter on just in time. Three weeks with no rain, now we're getting some.

Looking great :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back