• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So I find myself alone at Christmas...

Ed, I don't know you and I don't know your pain. But I do know that Strong Men endure and that is you. Maintain the attitude of gratitude and with solitude comes peace! Merry Christmas Mopar Brother!

Hope its clear out Ed so you can take Fred out. Raining here so its a no go for me. Merry X Mas my friend. Dave

Mr moparedtn...Hope you can enjoy Christmas at least some today. If nothing else, enjoy the quiet; assure you its better at your house than mine...

Christmas Greetings to Fred and Ed who are together in spirit and might. Let the Stars tonight be a guide to inspirations and light. There a plan in place not made in haste and communicated with grace to your former work place. So let your mind move ahead with determination and remember that highways have many junctions some are long and some are short, you’re riding with Fred now, see that’s what experience is all about. If you’re interested I have a suggestion for a different type of Christmas movie, it has presents and reindeers but not in the usual fashion. The Wife and I watched it on YouTube in color, though we subscribe so no commercials. First time seeing it and it was a trill. To end, good luck in this New Year and Peace Man!
Hey, thanks for taking the time sir, I appreciate it. :)
As always, I enjoy your prose as well.
I've actually watched that one before and I recall liking it quite a bit.

A few more days and the wife will be home, no worries....and then I get to find out whether I have any
gas left in my tank for a real job again.
I don't pretend to understand His plan - never have, it's sort of crazy - but I try to hear and listen, anyways. :thumbsup:
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Merry Christmas Ed. Hope you have a blessed day.
Thank you Charles. Merry Christmas and God bless to all y'all!

Hope its clear out Ed so you can take Fred out. Raining here so its a no go for me. Merry X Mas my friend. Dave
Naw Dave, same deal here as this big arse front moves through - rainy and gloomy.
We'll have another look tomorrow, maybe get lucky?
Merry Christmas back at ya my friend! :thumbsup:

Mr moparedtn...Hope you can enjoy Christmas at least some today. If nothing else, enjoy the quiet; assure you its better at your house than mine...
Hey Guy - I'm just plain ol' "Ed". Nothing fancy here. :)
One thing about the quiet - ones' tinnitus gets REAL loud and you hear stuff not normally heard (like mice trying
to chew through from outside to get in and such, typical country crap like that).
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Ed I dont think we will ever understand His plan.

Ed, I don't know you and I don't know your pain. But I do know that Strong Men endure and that is you. Maintain the attitude of gratitude and with solitude comes peace! Merry Christmas Mopar Brother!
Ain't no hill for a stepper, my friend. Only thing I got going for me is the tenacity to just keep getting back up.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!

My parents both passed a few years ago.

My soon to be ex wife is staying at her moms while her and her family try to figure out how to fleece me of everything I’ve ever worked for!

My 19 year old son is staying with her family for the holidays.

I find myself without people
this holiday season.

HOWEVER I am not alone as long I have my best friend.
I take him everywhere with me.

He is very loyal,smart,and loving dog. A Australian Kelpie breed.

IMG_7053.jpeg

IMG_2577.jpeg

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_0355.jpeg

Last edited:
My parents both passed a few years ago.

My soon to be ex wife is staying at her moms while her and her family try to figure out how to fleece me of everything I’ve ever worked for!

My 19 year old son is staying with her family for the holidays.

I find myself without people
this holiday season.

HOWEVER I am not alone as long I have my best friend.
I take him everywhere with me.

He very loyal,smart,and loving dog. A Australian Kelpie breed.

View attachment 1579623

View attachment 1579626

View attachment 1579627

View attachment 1579628
Awww man, y'all always get me when you bring out the pups...

"snowmobile rides etc....."

Be careful of those.
My entire adult lifes' destiny
was channeled in a split
second.
I still ride, but always with
someone.
Have a safe and happy
holiday!

Got rid of them a year ago - hasnt been enough snow in Wisconsin the past few years. They are expensive to run now, and as everything expensive to buy. Ridiculously fast too.... 180hp rockets can be a handful you know.

I really enjoyed them though, really had fun. Glad you came out alright and riding alone can create issues..... hope you had a great holiday

EPILOGUE:
Well, she did come back home eventually (although American Airlines totally fubared the whole thing
and I had to go pick her up TWICE in TWO DAYS...), so that's good I suppose.
That was seven days of torture, honestly. Come to find out, it's hard to self-entertain ones' self that
long, least it was for me - all those nerves and uncertainty and all that jazz...

Tomorrow is the big first day at the new gig, of which I've been doing some praying on, admittedly.
No signal of any sort being received, though. Hope I made the right decision.
One way to find out.
There is no safety net...:praying:

Go to bed a few minutes early tonight Ed. Step outside tomorrow morning, take a deep breath and say thank you Lord, as I am blessed. Then be on your way and ask yourself what would I do if I were 17?
Go without fear or doubt, and enjoy every minute.

Then of course let us all know how it went.

Last edited:
Ed,
Good to hear your partner, your dearest, your shoulder of comfort arrived on your second trip. How disappointing you and she had to endure that confusion.

Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back