• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looky what I got for Christmas

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Looky what my brother sent me for Christmas.
That's an actual stock certificate from 1983 for 100 shares of Chrysler stock.
Come to find out, that's a "thing" on eBay - there are vendors on there who sell
old stock certificates for all sorts of companies/corporations.
Who knew?

(No, it's not worth anything now - it was redeemed back then and is marked as such...)
Just thought it was interesting enough to share.

IMG_20231220_133648426.jpg

Your brother put a lot of thought into that. What an awesome gift.

Looky what my brother sent me for Christmas.
That's an actual stock certificate from 1983 for 100 shares of Chrysler stock.
Come to find out, that's a "thing" on eBay - there are vendors on there who sell
old stock certificates for all sorts of companies/corporations.
Who knew?

(No, it's not worth anything now - it was redeemed back then and is marked as such...)
Just thought it was interesting enough to share.

View attachment 1577441
According to a report I found on- line, Dodge was trading @ $17.15 a share on Dec 22, 2023. So, @ $17,15 X 100 shares = $1,715.00 I know that's not Chrysler corp. Its' not really even Dodge any more... Dodge is no longer publicly traded either. Dodge is like a small subsidiary of a bigger corporation called Stellantis North America. And that's what those shares are worth. So, the Dodge part by itself is worth far less than the $17.15 per share. Pretty crazy stuff. In comparison, Coke-Cola is trading @ $58.32 per share and would be worth $5,832.00 for a hundred shares. And from what little I read, Coke stocks are falling right now. That's a real cool piece though. Your brother must be a pretty cool cat. Merry Christmas man.

According to a report I found on- line, Dodge was trading @ $17.15 a share on Dec 22, 2023. So, @ $17,15 X 100 shares = $1,715.00 I know that's not Chrysler corp. Its' not really even Dodge any more... Dodge is no longer publicly traded either. Dodge is like a small subsidiary of a bigger corporation called Stellantis North America. And that's what those shares are worth. So, the Dodge part by itself is worth far less than the $17.15 per share. Pretty crazy stuff. In comparison, Coke-Cola is trading @ $58.32 per share and would be worth $5,832.00 for a hundred shares. And from what little I read, Coke stocks are falling right now. That's a real cool piece though. Your brother must be a pretty cool cat. Merry Christmas man.
Yeah, I did some searching and found where in the early 90's Chrysler stock was supposed to be traded for Daimler
stock at the time - in fact, it read as if you could still do that to this day if you had original Chrysler stock left over.
On that particular day, Chrysler was around $43 - but the equivalent Daimler trade was for something like 0.67
shares of Daimler for every share of Chrysler.
I'd have been pissed if it were my stock back then. :)
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

old stock certificates

No, it's not worth anything now

You're contradicting yourself Ed unless they are being sold for nothing.
:eek:

Now I got a Dire Straights' song lyric stuck in my head.

Merry Christmas Ed.

You're contradicting yourself Ed unless they are being sold for nothing.
:eek:

Now I got a Dire Straights' song lyric stuck in my head.

Merry Christmas Ed.
As stocks, it's worthless since it's been redeemed already.
As a novelty piece of paper, it apparently has some value to be sold on eBay.
That's the point of my post - that I had no idea people bought and sold old stock certificates
that had no actual trade value.
Apparently, there's a hobby of collecting such. Who knew?

Merry Christmas to you and yours, oh contradictory one. :lol:

I have one somewhere just like it, issued sometime around 1987. Chrysler gave each employee one as a gift. I sold mine, but still had the certificate. I'll have to look for it, I go through my stock filing cabinet once a year to thin it out. I might have thrown it out. Very nice and a nice piece of history.

It got up to 58F here today and I was about bored with myself, so I decided to get Fred out of hibernation
and go to town for a few errands - with all the windows down, as I am want to do (hate driving him with
the windows up for some reason).
He did fine after a bit of a gruff awakening:
323686c2-2aa7-471d-b435-353f6dc91e79.jpg

One can't help but cheer up a tad when folks are giving you the usual :thumbsup: and such, eh?

Auto Transport Service
Back