• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick flow clearance

I don't have that setup stock, I have a gerst suspension in the front, planning on using 240 heads with fastman 6 pack efi. he says it fits the air grabber set up. everything is supposed to be in the stock location but we'll see.

I saw this set up at the indy show, Indy booth. It doesn't look like the top is the same as stock. If I remember correctly the carb top is D shaped.
efi.jpg

You'll have to post something up when you get it running! I assume it's a progressive linkage? Would be cool to use a vacuum switch to activate the outboards......
Is that a stock 6bbl intake with injector bungs welded in?

You'll have to post something up when you get it running! I assume it's a progressive linkage? Would be cool to use a vacuum switch to activate the outboards......
Is that a stock 6bbl intake with injector bungs welded in?

yes its progressive, and I think it is a stock intake but they may use a different one now, that was an early pic

Well, I have been down this road before a few times. These guys are correct that you must use a stock height intake manifold with an airgrabber/ramcharger hood. There is LESS THAN 1" extra air cleaner/box clearance. How do I know? I've tried a bunch of intake/carburetor combinations & the hood won't close. I'm now running a six pack with 1" nitrous plates & I had to notch the air grabber scoop to get it to close + it still hits the top of the air cleaner....it's freaking tight in there. IF you have a 350/361/383/400 low-block motor, you could get an extra inch clearance IF you used the 440-style airgrabber/ramcharger air cleaner since it's about 1" shorter vs. the 383 air cleaner. Now, this all assumes you want your ramcharger hood to be functional since you could always put in some type of drop-base air cleaner on a 4 bbl. and just forget about the ramcharger working as designed.
Someone was making a drop base that would work but they seem to be out of business now I think it was hybrid fiberglass, is there anyone else?

This is the one I'm going with f&b throttle boddies, they have adapters on top, he says they work with the air grabber set up
View attachment 735811

That look nice. I used the Edelbrock XT EFI intake. It should clear, then I was thinking of covering the top of the intake with the oval air filter lid? Thinking of making a fiberglass lower filter base that would feed the XT front mounted throttle body?

How did this setup work for you? What God did end up using?

Auto Transport Service
Back