• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird question about my radio

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Would a Dodge Coronet R/T have a 'solid state by Plymouth' radio from the factory in it? I would think a Dodge would have a 'Dodge' or 'Chrysler' radio, but not a Plymouth. My Demon has a Chrysler radio so I think the Coronet was swapped for a Plymouth's radio. Has anyone else encountered this parts swapping?

My guess is someone swapped a Plymouth radio in. I have a Dodge radio in my 68 Satellite,doesnt work, just filling the hole in the dash with it. What kind of shape is yours in? Would be willing to swap if similar condition.

According to the seller mine works but it is not connected to the speakers. It is a good condition and it fills the hole like yours. I will take a picture of it once our camera gets fixed, but I will swap with you 68sportsatellite if a 68 will fit a 69. I am having a few things repaired during the winter and I will have them pull the radio for the trade,
Thanks,
Mark

I dont know I think it's possible If the plant it was built at built both say Coronets & Belvederes . they could of used one or the other if they ran out of one or the other on any given day. Chrysler was natorious for this there policy was as long as it was same or greater part it was acceptable. Not saying yours is the case but it is possible. If you've ever talked to anyone who worked in the factory back then it was a semi common ocurance.

...if it came from the factory like that, it was not done on the final assembly line but on the dash assembly.

My bet is somebody swapped it out. (speaker wires not hooked up)

Auto Transport Service
Back