• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘72 Charger bench to bucket seat questions

BBodyNoBody

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance concerning a conversion we’re attempting from a bench to bucket seats on a ‘72 Charger. The bucket seats we purchased were advertised as ‘73 Charger seats but eventually admitted he wasn’t sure about that. They look like they are Mopar and from that era but the seller wasn’t completely sure which model or year they came from. I know the photo is not great but, any chance anyone can identify what year they are and if they are likely to be from a Charger? FWIW, we have done dry fits and they look proportional and fit well. But it also looks like they will need a lot of fabrication to mount them. I understand that there are reinforcement plates that need to be installed and plan to get them. What are the chances that we could find ‘72 mounts and rails to use with these seats and that they’d work with them?
824031EC-7EE5-4338-AD25-4EF879489A5C.jpeg
5624E013-DD50-42AE-93BB-D4159E45D565.jpeg

Those tracks are not even close. The correct 71-74 tracks use the same holes as the bench on the outsides and you will find two dimples on the floors for the inners. 71-74 tracks will bolt to those seats as the frames are still the same on the later ones. Look like Doba seats.

Those tracks are not even close. The correct 71-74 tracks use the same holes as the bench on the outsides and you will find two dimples on the floors for the inners. 71-74 tracks will bolt to those seats as the frames are still the same on the later ones. Look like Doba seats.
I agree just get the right tracks the frames are the same if you recover them just make sure the foam matches the year of seat covers.

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear the seats should work with the 71 - 74 tracks. I have been looking for them for awhile but can’t seem to be able to find that particular year model though. Are they rare or harder to find for some reason? I’d seen some originals listed on Craigslist near me but they were long gone by the time I saw the post.

Would these work?

C794A79B-1BB2-4D2E-BA0E-4B6B8F6B534E.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are 75 and up Charger or Cordoba seats.

The frames are the same as 72-74 A/B body seats and use the same tracks.

Auto Transport Service
Back