• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1 of 3 Mr Norm Coronet Price Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
$47,500 OBO / Trades Welcome

Harned Ky

Become the Envy of any REAL Mopar collector

This will be the last price drop outside of negotiations before the car gets put up and sits in storage

We finally have a real price on the Mr Norm 66 Coronet Street Ram known as Gentle Ben. Most likely you’ve kept up with the forum page on here so you probably know the story but if you don’t. Ben is a factory 426 Wedge 4 Speed 1966 Dodge Coronet 440 this series of Street Rams were the precursors to the Street Hemi cars and Chryslers trick to getting a 426 C.I. engine into NASCAR (if you’d like more info watch the Uncle Tony’s Garage video or I’d be happy to tell you myself). There are currently only 3 Street Rams confirmed to exist in the world with 2 of the being located in the United States Ben being the only 1 for sale and possibly your only opportunity to ever own a car that many of the big name collectors haven’t even had a chance to own. Now as cool of a car as Ben is and as much of a Day 2 Survivor as it is Ben is not sporting it’s original 426 Wedge but does come with a buildable 426 Wedge with many parts it also comes with the proper grill and plenty of other pieces to convert it back to a Coronet 440 instead of wearing the 500 badges that it is now it is entirely up to the buyer but if they’re not interested in leaving the car a survivor we have an uncut hood we’d be happy to let go of with it in exchange we get to keep the cut hood. Feel free to ask any questions you have or make offers.

Ben is a car that would be cool to either restore it back to factory (which I would be more than happy to provide you with details of how it left Mr Norms to make sure you did it right) or can be left a wicked cool survivor to drive around and take to shows it grabs attention everywhere it goes

IMG_8619.jpeg

IMG_8438.jpeg

IMG_8071.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_8744.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

IMG_8768.jpeg

Last edited:
What heads came on 66 426 engine and do you have the correct afb carb? Exhaust manifolds any pictures of the 426 engine?

What heads came on 66 426 engine and do you have the correct afb carb? Exhaust manifolds any pictures of the 426 engine?
The heads were the closed chamber 516s which are included with the 426 the afb carb was replaced years ago and when Norm Dyno tuned the car back when new the manifolds were replaced by the headers that are currently still on the car

Here are a couple photos of the wedge can grab more when I get in if someone wants to see more

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8782.jpeg

Radiused rear wheel wells REALLY help the looks

Radiused rear wheel wells REALLY help the looks
I’ve got to agree ironically we were going to use the quarter patches that came with the car to patch it and repaint the car it’s original blue but once I got to looking at it I liked it better this way

I’ve got to agree ironically we were going to use the quarter patches that came with the car to patch it and repaint the car it’s original blue but once I got to looking at it I liked it better this way
I had a triple black 67 500 383 4 barrel auto...put a motorhome 440 n and living in ILL the rear wheel wells were rusting out ...cut out the rust about the same radius as yours with 15x10 deep dished mags n N50 M.T's...nickname for it was BOXCAR WILLIE ! lol

I had a triple black 67 500 383 4 barrel auto...put a motorhome 440 n and living in ILL the rear wheel wells were rusting out ...cut out the rust about the same radius as yours with 15x10 deep dished mags n N50 M.T's...nickname for it was BOXCAR WILLIE ! lol
Sounds like it was a slick ole ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back