• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10" or 11" drums

Vanderstel

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
I was in the process or ordering new rear brakes shoes from my 67 318 Satellite with an 8 3/4" rear. Apparently, the drums can be either 10" or 11".

Do I need to pull the wheels to find out? Or does someone know?

Pull the tire and drum and measure. Dont guess unless you want to pay return shipping for wrong parts. Plus you need to check the wheel cylinders and all the hardware.

They are 99.8 % --- 10 " but with MOPAR, never say never.... You are so close to being perfect, why not just get in there and
measure for 100 % success...
You SHOULD have 10 " x 2 1/2 " on both Front and Rear --- and the Front & Rear Brake Drums are different, because the Front Brake Drums accept the Front Hubs, whereas the Rears simply slide onto the Rear Axle....

If you are contemplating ordering --- I am going to curse --- " on line " --- and going strictly Chineseum ---

You may wish to consider *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** Brake Drums & *** N.O.S. ***Asbestos *** Brake Shoes --- the softest, smooooooothest braking system known to mankind --- 50 times better than this new Chineseum garbage the " on line " is forced to sell, because of Asbestos Laws.....and doesn't rip up your Brake Drums to smithereens, as the new garbage Attempts to stop.....

Your car, your call...

Fortunately, I have *** N.O.S. *** U.S.A. made *** Brake Drums and *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Shoes for you , if you Love your car.....
P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested....Craig....

^^^ Good point, pnora ^^^

I have *** U.S.A. made *** Wheel Cylinders and Brake Hardware --- Combi Kits, and Adjuster Kits --- and *** U.S.A. made *** Front Wheel Bearings and Seals , if you would like " a one - stop shop " and a " package deal " price.....

Not sure about 1967, but later years the 10" vs 11" rear drums look completely different. The 11" have fins around the circumference. It'd be easy to check without taking the wheels off. But if it's factory, it's probably 10 x 2 1/2".

Take a wheel off and measure the drum. If you give the wrong info to the parts source, its YOUR mistake not theirs.

Auto Transport Service
Back