• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11" drum brake questions

RJS

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
So it seems the previous owner of my car took out all of the emergency brake parts.
I ordered the cables and the small parts that are in the drum but believe I still need the bar that goes across from one shoe to the other and the 2 springs that are on each bar. Also the arm that the cable pulls is gone. Let me know what else I may be missing.
Thanks Ron

11brakesa.JPG

For the e-brake you have it right.

It looks like an attempt was made to put self adjusters on but they didn’t finish that either. Missing the cable and the part that goes under the spring to route the cable.

I believe I have everything needed on it's way.
We'll see in a week or so.
Thanks Ron

Isn't there suppose to be an self adjuster cable and bracket also?

It will all be shown in your Factory Service Manual. There will be diagrams and exploded pictures.

So it seems the previous owner of my car took out all of the emergency brake parts.
I ordered the cables and the small parts that are in the drum but believe I still need the bar that goes across from one shoe to the other and the 2 springs that are on each bar. Also the arm that the cable pulls is gone. Let me know what else I may be missing.
Thanks Ron

View attachment 1121938

Only one spring on the bar. Good luck!
20170809_194319.jpg

Last edited:
Once again everyone was very helpful. i rounded up all the parts and was ready to put on but then one of my shoes was missing a hole needed for the press in stud other components ride on. So had to order up shoes. Will get back to this in a couple of days.
Thanks Ron

Well slapped it all together and now have a working emergency brake along with self adjusters!! All the modern conveniences hidden under a 1966 Satellite.
Ron

Well slapped it all together and now have a working emergency brake along with self adjusters!! All the modern conveniences hidden under a 1966 Satellite.
Ron
There ya go! I'm right behind you on Fred ('68 GTX) doing the same thing, only with the beast
of all street shoes. :)

Auto Transport Service
Back