• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11 inch drums

eldubb440

more miracles than Jesus
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
did 11 inch rear drums come on 383 cars? such as Super Bees?........ I was under the impression this was a 440/hemi thing

Yes, Road Runners and Super Bees included heavy duty brakes. 11” drums all around.

My 69 RR has 11" drums all around, no PB, and uses a .8 ohm ballast resistor.

68 GTX 440 auto car with front discs come with 11 inch rear drums?

All 66-70 factory front disc brake B and E bodies come with 10x2.5" rear drums. Engine and trans do not matter.

Only exception is T/A and AAR have 11x2.5" rears.

Disc brake cars had 10" drums in the rear. 11" drums were standard unless the front discs were checked as an option.

lmao..... My GTX has been apart so long, I couldn't find my 11 inch backing plates ........ cause it didn't come with them :fool:

Have seen 4 wheel 11" on early Chargers w/383. Usually a big rad and tow package type thing
Towing package will trigger heavy duty brakes. Had a 73 Charger SE 400Hp car with a towing package with front discs and 11" rear drums.

You can order 11" drum brakes on any b-body.

I had a 4 door Belvedere with 11" brakes, sway bar, and 3.23 sure grip 383 2bbl. Drove great

No they did not, they had 10x2.5" rears with disc. The only B and E body disc brake car that had 11x2"5" rears in 1970 was TA and AAR
Maybe my car was changed? It did have what I think was an E-body rear end (? - leaf springs forced onto not saddles about 1” to far out each side) when I bought it

Auto Transport Service
Back