• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

11x3 rear brake drums

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_stocker

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Savannah, Tn....I escaped the State of Confusion!
Looking for a GOOD pair of rear 11x3 brake drums with the std small register and 4-1/2" bolt pattern. These would more-than-likely be a smooth drum and about 3-3/8" to 3-1/2" from the edge of the drum to the inner step where the machining stops. If you have a set that are 2-7/8-3", they're not 11x3 but they are 11x2-1/2". PM here if you've got some good ones with plenty of meat and NO deep scoring, thanks!

Have ya tried Napa?

I did not know they used a 3in on the rear just the front

Would a c body have 11x3?

Looking for a GOOD pair of rear 11x3 brake drums with the std small register and 4-1/2" bolt pattern. These would more-than-likely be a smooth drum and about 3-3/8" to 3-1/2" from the edge of the drum to the inner step where the machining stops. If you have a set that are 2-7/8-3", they're not 11x3 but they are 11x2-1/2". PM here if you've got some good ones with plenty of meat and NO deep scoring, thanks!

I did not know they used a 3in on the rear just the front

Would a c body have 11x3?

25+ Years ago I scrapped a 69 Monaco C Body that had these brakes on.Would have to look I know they are in my parts building and I am not sure what application you need them for?? Yes as you mentioned they are a smooth drum.

Jeff

Actually, the 11x3 brakes that were on my car originated from a '68 Imperial with 5x5" pattern and the large axle register. Some of the mid '60s c-body cars had these with the std register and 4-1/2 bolt pattern, which is what I'm after as I'm changing the axle assy with the new(er) axles having 4-1/2 BP only so I need the std 4-1/2" pattern drums. There were many B and C-body Chrysler cars that had these both front and rear but as you might have guessed, but they're getting harder to come by. The 11x3 rears were common on both NASCAR and drag cars, back-in-the-day, but that's almost 50 years ago. So, the search continues...

I had a 68 Chrysler New Yorker as my first car. It had 11 X 3 drums on all four wheels. Later I had a few 68 Newport's as well but they had the smaller 2.75 inch wide shoes on the rear. All New Yorkers from 66 through 71 should have the drum your looking for. It has to be a New Yorker that your looking for because the Imperials had a different bolt pattern and the Newport's had a thinner shoe. You may also try looking for a 300. They shared a lot of parts.

just for kicks I went on Auto zones website and they list a brand new drum under PN 8729.
They do not show it available though. Try some of your other parts stores, you may get lucky. Hope this helps and good luck.

ai2 cars had 3inch drum brakes all around.... sniff out parts on ebay has some new ones very hard to find... tommy is great to deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back