• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

15x7 Cop Car Wheels

jeeper

Local time
4:00 AM
Reaction score
I have a 66 Belvedere II I am gathering parts for. Building the car on a simple budget with my kids over the winter. Typical street strip car with a 440 etc.

I have come across a set of 15x7 cop car wheels for reasonable. I'd like a 255 in the rear, but otherwise I am open to suggestion.

Any pics, thoughts on specific sizing and tire fitment etc? More of a straightline car than a corner machine. Just want to look presentable.

I think the 66-67 B-Body has a smaller wheel well than a 68 and up. That said I think a 15x7 with a 255 will fit. Put the bare rim on and do some measuring. I used a 15x8 with a 4 1/2 back space from Summit with a 275 and have plenty of room on my 68. Most chain tire stores like Discount wont mount a 275 on a 7 inch rim FYI. Where in O are you located?

East side, near Chemult. Looking for misc. 66 Belvedere parts if you know of any. Like bumpers and half decent seat and so forth. Coming over through Eugene tomorrow most likely.

I think the 66-67 B-Body has a smaller wheel well than a 68 and up. That said I think a 15x7 with a 255 will fit. Put the bare rim on and do some measuring. I used a 15x8 with a 4 1/2 back space from Summit with a 275 and have plenty of room on my 68. Most chain tire stores like Discount wont mount a 275 on a 7 inch rim FYI. Where in O are you located?

Got a buddy near Vegas that has lots of 66-67 stuff. Bit of a ride though. Stop by If you want and chew the fat. Will PM you my #s.

My 66 Coronet with 7" cop wheels and 255 Mickey Thompson drag radials. Perfect fit.

20170402_185805.jpg

I think a 255 is the largest tire you can fit. Even then it's tricky to get on and it may run if you get the car on an uneven surface

Auto Transport Service
Back