• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 19 Spline Torque Converter high Stall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon_Belve

Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi

I am looking for a 19 Spline Torque Converter for my Big Block Pushbutton Transmission.

It sits behind a 383 and the Stall that I want is near to 3000

Best regards

André

A&A Transmissions in Canby, IN still lists many of them for PB trans. They can get you one made up too if need be, IDB.

Another option is to change the front pump to a 68 and later one. That really opens up your convertor selection and is easy to do.

Another option is to change the front pump to a 68 and later one. That really opens up your convertor selection and is easy to do.
Do you know which parts I really need? My conversation with Pat blais was not so successfull

Your conversation with Pat didn't go well because of language difference? I've know Pat for about 50 years and he is "the" TF guy and always has been very helpful to everyone I've ever heard that dealt with him. He has most any used TF part and knows how to build them, though he is not really big into converters, mostly just the trans. I communicate with him regularly, if I can help let me know by PM.

If you buy a 10" convertor be careful it does rub on pump housing. Guy I know put a convertor in a 67GTX and rubbed on pump housing. Be sure you have to pull convertor out to reach flexplate.

Ya Fran, I've had that rubbing problem on some aftermarket converters. I have Pat Blais machine the front pump housing for clearance, then I don't have clearance issues on any application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back