• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1947 buick super restoration

Here's a few pictures of my Buick model car it has the two tone paint job I may do again unsure of colors but you guys will get an idea.
IMAG0446_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0447_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0449_BURST005.jpg

And thank you all everything you say keeps me motivated so keep it coming ask ?'s poke and prod me to keep going so I'll finish I'm in a bad way with everything going on here not knowing if I'll survive my surgery or not ect. So I'm very depressed and this is keeping my mind off of everything but I get up and don't feel like doing anything till I see you guys looking for progress so you guys are the reason I'm doing anything so help me out and hassle me about progress

Going to be a great car. Keep us posted on the progress.

full-6.jpeg
thanks here's the last one I built I'll be doing the frame soon . As soon as I'm done welding this is the fun part I think I can't wait

IMAG0313_BURST004.jpg
IMAG0502_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0503_BURST001.jpg
so it's been one of those weeks I couldn't go near my car well today I got everything finished so I was told at noon I had till 5:30 so I b lined it out side to get a bit further on the last huge spot on this Buick. So of course I had to clean the area first before I could cut and weld after I got my work area fixed I went to town on making the patch and after all that I'm being told you need to clean up you need to drive me to the doctor office.needless to say I got one whole repair finished wish it was a bigger spot. So maybe tomorrow I'll get more done.

we may need a section for "other brand" restorations...... just because it isn't Mopar, doesn't mean there aren't lessons to be shared

Thanks guys! I'm trying to get out there now to tackle some more welding but I woke up and there's two kids sitting on the couch ! And my wife and her friend walking out the door saying have fun we will be back later ! But I set them up with the video games so I'm going to sneak out there soon

IMAG0504_BURST001.jpg
OK sorry guys I guess this was ether very hard or I was screwing off this is all I did this drainage tray the really shiny part

Guys I'm lacking motivation! my wife wants me to back burner it! she wants me to put the charger back in the shop. I know what's the problem? well I want the charger to be perfect and I want a bit more practice welding before I get to the charger I'm just not 100% confident yet people say I weld just fine but you know....
So I basically can get the Buick welded up and have the frame powder coated then I can go as far as a running driving frame I have everything here newly rebuilt. I can probably swing getting the underside of the Buick cleaned up and painted I then can set it on the frame. but that's as far as I can go I'll be flat broke ! so I can then move it into storage. the charger I basically can get the metal fab done and I'll be scraping the bottom of the wallet to get the bottom of the car painted and the car jamed and eng bay done. if I can manage that I can basically go all the way till outside paint.
So what do you guys think ride out the Buick till I can't or switch them out now and try to get the charger going again? I'm pulling my hair out because of these two cars I love them both alot . I wish I had the funds and the back I used to have I'd just bang one out then the next. but I can't . help me guys I'm so torn I don't feel like working on ether

Tough call but if it were me, stick to a plan. getting deep into more than one project tends to mean neither will get done.
I'm knee deep into my 64 with my 99 sport ram waiting it's turn for new brake lines and then a possible restoration. I refuse to stop working on the 64 until I complete the major work and set it back on wheels/dollies to move it out of the way. My wife is pretty tolerant, but taking on another project (besides the ram) while trying to complete the 64 might send her over the edge. She's starting to see that I'm making good progress and is more confident that I'll complete what I start. She (and I) dislike semi-completed projects or junk laying around the property, so I avoid falling into that trap of looking for and buying more projects while one is on the go.
Keep at it and try to stay positive. When cash is short, pick away at the little things that are more labour intensive, rather than costly. It might keep you motivated to press forward. That Buick will be beautiful (again) when you're done...

IMAG0799_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0797_BURST002.jpg
IMAG0798_BURST001.jpg
IMAG0801.jpg
well I'm still picking away at the Buick I went and bought a scaler it did good till it broke. I got half the old undercoating off with it. then I did it by hand after it broke I got a little more off and I decide to go get a replacement scaler. so I stopped for the day. I'm quite impressed with the floor pans in this car that undercoating did it's job.
I decided to get the underside of the Buick done prepped and new undercoating then set it aside get the frame striped and powder coated then rebuild everything on it, witch is basically bolt everything on as it's all ready to go already. I think I'll bring the running driving frame down to the local car show so people can see what's under these cars (might be fun) then I'll bolt the body in place. and put the Buick in storage after . I'll go on my charger till I run out of parts

I also love those 1947-50 GM fastbacks..You' re doing great with it. What part of Florida are you in that you have such a nice property with lots of land to keep your "stuff"?

Ha ,no I'm in palmbay it's a small city style area I'm on a small 1/4 ac working out of a little 2 car garage I got a one car out back to hey keep the bigger garage more flowing. I got cars hiding everywhere. I just make sure everyone in my area is OK I check often I keep them happy and I keep it clean they leave me be . if they need the front clear on a day I make it happen . I have only two trucks out front plus my two drivers the projects arnt in sight most of the time !

IMAG0814_BURST002.jpg
yes I know it looks like crap I haven't cleaned it up any the entire inner rocker(what your looking at) was missing on this side and of course there different from each other I've been RE creating this from pictures of a guys org Buick that has never been messed with. it's not perfect but I feel better attempting the org look then just welding a box in place . you'll never see it again and people say just let it be rivet some metal in place and go . I think if your going to do it do it right if not leave it for someone that will do it right. I'll get some more picture s tomorrow when I finish it. I'm running out of rust on this car but the spots that are left are the hardest ones and one easy one! ugh why do I like doing this?

Auto Transport Service
Back