• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Belvedere 413 2x4 max wedge project

Just FYI a 61 aero wheel has a larger diameter steering shaft than 62 in up.
Thanks - wheel I have is out of a 63 Chrysler. If it doesn't fit or looks like ... it'll be on ebay again where it came from, lol.

About 30-35 years ago, I did a 1957 Dodge. That was a full frame car. Parking brake on the transmission extension housing. A 1968 Newport 8 3/4 was a bolt in. Fabricated parking brake cable brackets from a Unistrut "L" bracket. Both cables on drivers side. Simple fabrication to the original hand brake cable. Adapted the factory cast iron torqueflite cable end to a 1965 727 after removing the park cable and pawl. Then it's just basic hot rod fabrication.
Looked like a completely original 1957 Dodge Coronet Royal 2dr ht from the outside.
It was in pretty nice shape when I got it though.

Are you sure you want to put a 3 speed in it?

Good save! Hopefully going back to SS1. Certainly worth the effort

It's pretty awesome. But really it's a street wedge. Need real MW heads to be MW!

The one in the background is unfortunately a parts car.
It looks great from 20 feet.
Up close it has severe rocker rust. Other trunk/floorboard rust issues. It also has body flex issues where doors and alignment are off.
It does however have a solid rust free roof which I will be using on this Belvedere.
I’ve used all the missing trim and interior pieces from this car.
It has a new gas tank and decent rubber that I used on another 61 FURY project that I have. A 361 golden commando
3speed manual car that is a daily driver.
Looks like a nice save from the scrap yard; can't think of anyone today wanting to crush it. I see another one in the background in one of your photos? These old mopars were a work of art. I'd like to see how your project goes. Thanks

20000035-E7EF-45F3-A15E-69A0380A28FD.jpeg

F43505EA-E457-47E4-82C0-6078FD5CEA98.jpeg

Sweet ride!
Forward Look cars are crazy cool.
Bought a 58 Coronet recently, needs a windshield if any of those parts cars have one.

I posted the story of mine here and on fabo, people love to hate and hate to love them.
My junk:

20220910_190735.jpg

Sweet ride!
Bought a 58 Coronet recently, needs a windshield if any of those parts cars have one.

I posted the story of mine here and on fabo, people love to hate and hate to love them.
My junk:

View attachment 1504934
do the fins bolt on the 1/4r's ?...

Sweet ride!

My junk:

View attachment 1504934
I know exactly what you mean.
I took the 61 above to a swap meet recently.
When I was leaving there was a small crowd around 61.
I often hear What kind of car is it? I have never seen one before? Of course the it’s so ugly it’s cool comment!
People can’t make up their mind if they like,love or hate them.
Good or bad they get lots of attention wherever they go!

Windshield is different for 57-59.
Try big M auto in Williams California. 530 473 2225

A guy in Vegas has a black and silver one street rodder. Too bad it has a small block chevy drive train.

Auto Transport Service
Back