• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Dart 2 door Sedan Interior Picture Needed.

abloch

Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
I need a picture from someone with a Dart 2 door sedan,please. I bought a basket case that I am piecing together and I cannot find the image or info I need via the internet or my manual.

I need to see how the rear quarter window area goes together. I'm wondering how does the windlace, headliner and door panel all meet up. I found the pillar covers in the trunk but i've seen a few pictures on the web that make me think I am missing a piece that goes along the inside between the glass and the windlace.

If one of you could help me out I would be ever greatful.

Drue

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a picture from someone with a Dart sedan,please. I bought a basket case that I am piecing together and I cannot find the image or info I need via the internet or my manual.

I need to see how the rear quarter window area goes together. I'm wondering how does the windlace, headliner and door panel all meet up. I found the pillar covers in the trunk but i've seen a few pictures on the web that make me think I am missing a piece that goes along the inside between the glass and the windlace.

If one of you could help me out I would be ever greatful.

Drue
I can help, Drue; I just bought a 62 plain-jane sedan in very good original condition but have not picked it up yet. I just can't do this 'til after labor day as I have to travel for work. Feel free to PM me. I am new to this site but am on the 'forabodiesonly' site a lot. I'll send you a PM with my email.

62 pics

62 d 012.JPG62 d 013.JPG62 DART 012.JPG Here are the only pics I have, hope they help. 2 door and 4 are pretty much the same.

Not a sedan but maybe it will help...

Attachments

• IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 258
Thank you Tallhair for editing my post. Thanks to 65NUTCASE and khryslerkid as well. Still looking for the elusive 2d sedan though. Hardtop has the solid piece that goes along the entire top rail and 4dr utilizes the windlace. I need to see an image taken from the front seat looking back into the package tray with the quarter window visible. Then another angle from the back seat capturing the quarter window and pillar.

Thanks again!!

Not a sedan but maybe it will help...

Kryslerkid that headliner is in great condition considering its age and all the others I've seen.
I hope you do everything to save it and restore any damage as that is one rare little feature of that model.

Can you post a couple of pics of the headliner(front,sides)?

Is that paint (white)on the rear window rubber?

Kryslerkid that headliner is in great condition considering its age and all the others I've seen.
I hope you do everything to save it and restore any damage as that is one rare little feature of that model.

Can you post a couple of pics of the headliner(front,sides)?

Is that paint (white)on the rear window rubber?

The headliner is too far gone to try to save, as the car spent it's life in the mid west and California. Very dry rotted. I'm not removing it untill I really have to, in order to save the pattern so it can be recreated. It's like a corduroy cloth on hard board. The rear window rubber is painted white. It is in good condition inside and out. There is just one place that can be touched up. (shown in pic).

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Tallhair for editing my post. Thanks to 65NUTCASE and khryslerkid as well. Still looking for the elusive 2d sedan though. Hardtop has the solid piece that goes along the entire top rail and 4dr utilizes the windlace. I need to see an image taken from the front seat looking back into the package tray with the quarter window visible. Then another angle from the back seat capturing the quarter window and pillar.

Thanks again!!

Maybe you can search "for sale adds". A lot of fully restored vehicles will have detailed pictures of there interiors. We'll keep looking. There are members on here with post cars. Pm them as they probably just haven't seen your thread yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 235
Thanks for the pic's.
I have been on the case of this headliner for over 2 years.My polara came without the headliner so it has been a challenge to investigate.

You will find it hard to get any info as most are so far gone .Strange that such a highly optioned car (polara 500) should come with this type of headliner .Everyone I've spoken to has said put the bow type in (theres a retrofit kit available).But I would like to keep it original regardless.

Now those plastic bows are hard to find so keep them safe.They have the chrome on the underside.Its the same as the dash chrome (Vacuum metalizing).
The cardboard strips also aren't available ,although Kramers advertise some but they won't work for us.You need to get 1/8" untempered masonite.

The material looks like it is flocked and also does look a bit like corduroy ....but it is actually called 'Bedford cord' polyurethane foam and the color is light beige.I haven't been able to find any ...anywhere.Although they have foam backed headliner here but they won't answer my emails
in this endevour. http://originalauto.com/products/headliners

For me the search goes on ,but your pics are welcomed

Thanks for your info.
That's the biggest problem with these cars is that most are too far gone to save what was original. The other thing is their age. The other is the '62 is a "one off". And another, they offered so many combinations on just this model. Personally this isn't my favorite year Dodge but the history behind this year and the uniqueness of the car, made it something that I just had to have. Yes it's a challenge and this one's metal is so solid, (that's half the battle) that I couldn't turn it down. The previous owner was going to part it out but recognized the condition of the metal and decided to try selling it first. Saved yet another one!

No need for photos, thanks. Once I got the compact windlace installed it all came together. Now we wait for SMS and my door panels.

Good luck with fast from SMS they did my 62 Polara 500, great job and had the right patterns. About 9 months I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal.

Yeah, I had them do the door panels on my '62 Fury and I am not holding my breath. Very nice work though and worth the wait.

Auto Transport Service
Back