• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1962 Dodge Dart taillights - needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I was screwed up all along. Thanks to Khryslerkid I believe I have figured the pieces out. After looking more closely at the small piece, it appears to be the pot metal tail that attaches to the bezel. This piece would point toward the front of the car after mounted on the side of quarter panel. I didn't look close enough to see that the end of the piece is bigger and doesn't match up real good with the stub on the bezel. In my defense, I am a 68-70 guy and that's all I've ever worked on, and couldn't make out that there was a separate piece on the end in your pic. Sorry for the confusion, and hope this pic will help.
20171227_074602.jpg

Welcome from Canada,I'll look at work tomorrow,I know I have polara, but they don't taper off on the qtr,they are squared off and take the arched trim that goes over the rear wheel. cheapies like ours don't have that trim
IMG_0083.JPG

Well it looks like I was screwed up all along. Thanks to Khryslerkid I believe I have figured the pieces out. After looking more closely at the small piece, it appears to be the pot metal tail that attaches to the bezel. This piece would point toward the front of the car after mounted on the side of quarter panel. I didn't look close enough to see that the end of the piece is bigger and doesn't match up real good with the stub on the bezel. In my defense, I am a 68-70 guy and that's all I've ever worked on, and couldn't make out that there was a separate piece on the end in your pic. Sorry for the confusion, and hope this pic will help. View attachment 553465
If the small piece attaches to the front of the bensil facing forward then I likely interested. I did not remove the pieces from the trunk. I have those two small pieces, just needing the other 4 pieces, plus the white back up lenses.

These bezel’s will fit all models except wagons.Polara 500 don’t have the arched trim ,darts have both so you just omit using these small tails if you have the trim
Btw the tails are rare.

Yes Craigy, the small pieces attach to the bezels and face forward. Talked to my friend where I got them last night. He told me he took them off of a car in the junkyard and the trunk lid had already been removed. That explains the missing stainless pieces for the other side of the bezel. Whatever fasteners were used to hold the pieces together and hold them onto the quarter panel are long gone.

EBF63B7E-2032-42D1-B2BB-006AF7C457B6.png
There is no missing pieces ,the trunk has a stand alone stainless trim

Hey Craig,just checked,I've got a pair of bezels, usable with hardware,but no tails,the car is a Canadian polara,had qtr trim

Welcome!

Wow Craigy, I wouldn't use that plater again.

I've been looking for a good top left bensil for about six years now. They pop up on ebay now and then, some good, most are really pitted. I'll get outbid on the good ones. When I see a seller with other '62 parts, I always contact them and ask about the bensils. Let me know if you find any extras, I'll do the same for you.

You have a nice looking '62 there! What engine are you running? Maybe you could post some more pictures and tell us your story. Here's a good thread to add your car to...
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/62-only.140394/
I'll post some pics soon.... still looking for these rare pieces

Wasn't able to get over to my brothers today but he did send me some pics. Hopefully these are good enough to see if these parts are the ones you would be interested in. I will make the time to go look them over myself in the morning tomorrow, if you want some difference pics or close ups.

View attachment 552230 View attachment 552231 View attachment 552233 View attachment 552234 View attachment 552237 View attachment 552238 View attachment 552240 View attachment 552242
Does your brother still have the bensils that need plating ?

Yes he still has them. Do you need both?

Wasn't able to get over to my brothers today but he did send me some pics. Hopefully these are good enough to see if these parts are the ones you would be interested in. I will make the time to go look them over myself in the morning tomorrow, if you want some difference pics or close ups.

View attachment 552230 View attachment 552231 View attachment 552233 View attachment 552234 View attachment 552237 View attachment 552238 View attachment 552240 View attachment 552242
Did you say that you still had these ones that needing plating ?

Craigy, I don't have the tail pieces that bolt onto the quarter panel, sorry.

75$ for bezels, lenses and all. Plus the freight.

I can maybe help you with some of these parts if needed. Do you happen to have any bumper guards for a 62 dodge? I need one chrome piece for one. Just needs to be decent enough to be rechromed. Should say "L" on it

I can maybe help you with some of these parts if needed. Do you happen to have any bumper guards for a 62 dodge? I need one chrome piece for one. Just needs to be decent enough to be rechromed. Should say "L" on it
No sorry, no bumper guards. I did find the bensils, but now only looking for the two tail pieces on the fender. They are about 2.5" long... Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back