• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1963 426 MAX WEDGE Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerley87

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Up for sale is a complete 1963 426 MAX WEDGE CROSSRAM engine minus air cleaners and oil pan. Exhaust manifolds and crossram intake are originals (NOT REPRODUCTIONS). Block has the AAQA stamp and casting number of 2406730. 1963 date. Never bored and still has the standard cast pistions. Original Carter 3447 carbs have C3 as date code (March 63). Was going to use this engine in a 65 Coronet pro-street project but changed my mind and having a HEMI built instead. These are getting harder and harder to find especially if you are needing properly date coded stuff. If you want any additional pictures or information, please message me. Thank you for looking! Asking $12,000 OBO. Pick-up only. Located in Windber, PA
IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0482.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG

do you have a picture of the id pad on the block? casting no.s on rods? l2266f on pistons is not max wedge, I'm not knocking you, just think you're ad is misleading, dist in the block is a street wedge piece also. please don't think Ill of me, but I've seen too many max engines to notice things. the top end pieces look very correct.

Sorry, I myself am no where near a Mopar expert. I've just been trying to sell some stuff for my uncle because I'm better on a computer than him! Lol. Those are the pistons he got with the engine. He bought it just the way it is now. Here i
20190323_132825.jpg
s a picture of the top stamp pad. Best one I could get. Hope this helps.

check the casting no.s on the heads under the valve cover also.

show this to your uncle, this is a 63 max wedge motor I'm rebuilding, you can see the difference

IMG_3571.JPG IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3573.JPG IMG_3574.JPG

Wow , 1st stage ll block I've ever seen ! Any more pics of the block ?

Thank for posting the stage 2 engine what the casting number on the heads? I seen a stage 2 intake with the right number but look like a stage 3. Good old mopar. Not a lot of people are up to date with the car. May be a total of 4,500-5,000. for 2 1/2 years and 14,000 to 15,000 hemi car max wedge ran 12.50 on a 7 inch tire and the hemi ran 13.00. Yes I own a 63 Plymouth stage 1 426 Savoy built on 4/8/63

Last edited:
Thank for posting the stage 2 engine what the casting number on the heads? I seen a stage 2 intake with the right number but look like a stage 3. Good old mopar. Not a lot of people are up to date with the car. May be a total of 4,500-5,000. for 2 1/2 years and 14,000 to 15,000 hemi car max wedge ran 12.50 on a 7 inch tire and the hemi ran 13.00. Yes I own a 63 Plymouth stage 1 426 Savoy built on 4/8/63

Actually there is no Stage 1

https://racehemi.maxwedge.com/topics/stages.php

So there you have it. The 413 Max Wedge was simply the 413 Max Wedge. The 426 Max Wedges are the true Stages I, II and III. Now you know the correct way to sound like you know what you are talking about. I'll bet there a few of you out there that just can't wait to correct someone out there when they call the 413 a Stage I. I know because I was waiting like a lion waiting to pounce on the first guy that screwed up in front of me. How sweet that was. Maybe later I will get a chance to get into the nuts and bolts of the details for these separate "stage" packages when I have a lot more time

Greg Lane

Home Back to MaxWedge.Com Contact Greg Lane NEWS FLASH!

Max Wedge and Race Hemi Parts Max Wedge and Race Hemi Reference Books by Darrell L. Davis Max Wedge and Race Hemi Classifieds Race Hemi Blueprints Topics
WANTED - Original Max Wedge and Race Hemi Paperwork © Copyright 2005- 2019
Greg Lane and
Maxwedge.com
All Rights Reserved.

The 413-426 max wedge head up to 5/63 is 1 number and the 7/63-8/63 is 1 and the 64 a 1 number. Will look the number and post for you. So if we are lucky your will be the stage 2 426 head number

this is a OEM max wedge block. This may help you with the right notching of the block look at the dowel pin

thumbnail 1.jpg thumbnail 2.jpg thumbnail.jpg

this is a low mile block 4.800 miles In the next two weeks I will be doweling my 1962 413 T block in the mill with a end. The block will look 100% Max wedge for a 62 dart clone.

Last edited:
the one I'm rebuilding is std bore, but not straight anymore , waiting on some oversized pistons to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back