• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Dodge B-Wedge Lightweight

johnsf123

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Looking for any info on this car, was raced in the Detroit area and also at the 63 Winter Nationals and at Indy that same year. I think it was sold in 1964 to a guy with the last name of Payne that lived in the Thumb area of Michigan. I know it was a long time ago but memories last forever. I'll try to post some pics and note in one that the headlights in the grill are removed so it might be easier to know.
Any info would be nice
Flag Jumper -4.jpg
Flag Jumper pics 2.jpg
Flag Jumper Show.jpg

I moved the head lights like that on my 63. This is the first one I've ever seen like it. I've raced in SE Mi since the early 80's. Never seen this car.
Doug

My guess is it wasn't a factory lightweight & if it was sponsored by town & country it was probably owned by somebody that had a connection to chrysler.

There is a phone number on side of car , call it find where it's it .:lol:

First off this car was bought in the late fall of 1962 at a special price from Town and Country Dodge in Farmington,Mi, it was ordered with radio delete and heater delete and came with a steel front end as all street cars did. When we returned from the Winternationals Dodge had a complete aluminum front end (fenders and hood) and hood scoop. This was not a street driven car only raced. It had custom headers made that were all 42 in. from head to collector and we sold them to Al Ekstrand ( The Lawman) before the car was sold. Town and Country went out of business many years ago so no paper trail there.
DVW is your car an altered wheelbase. if so I think I've seen it around town, I live in Livonia

Jack Hazelgren in St George, UT has a legit '63 330 Maxie with an aluminum nose in his collection; saw it last month when visiting. I don't recall the grille being modified but the car appears to have been restored at some point. It's red inside & out. I know the VIN if you want to PM me. The early history of the car is unknown, but I told him I'd try to help. If it's the same car, that would be really cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back