• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 ford

...two door wagons... Almost bought a 58 edsel SD...
Way back when...when a rear drum cracked on my '59 2DR Ranch Wagon, the only thing I could find to replace it was one from an Edsel in a junkyard in FL. And that was from searching the old paper copy of Hemmings back then.

30 years after my pops sold his '56 Chevy, I found it about an hour away and went to look at it. Didn't know it was his until I saw remnants of the 1990 Beretta Green still under the hood on the firewall. The new owner made sort of a gasser out of it. And painted it nearly the same orange at the SD you posted...

When he sold it circa 1990...

1699029570219.png

When I discovered it 30 years later...

1699029523682.png

The paint color under the hood is what led to discovering that it was his. More confirmation from the owner as we traced the history from there...

1699029659343.png

Last edited:
A Ford friend of mine (sadly passed) had a street version of that Petty Talladega.
Disappointing to find it had a 351 Windsor in it.
Same friend did have a restored Torino convertible..... with a 428 CJ and a four speed. (That one brought good money when he sold it.)

Way back when...when a rear drum cracked on my '59 2DR Ranch Wagon, the only thing I could find to replace it was one from an Edsel in a junkyard in FL. And that was from searching the old paper copy of Hemmings back then.
That Edsel sedan delivery..... I was SURE it was a Ford courier with edsel sheet metal, OR a two door wagon paneled over. Kinda why I waited till the price he was asking dropped. I must admit, either way, it was well done.
Then when it dropped handily into my price range I was willing to pay.... it was gone, and I have never seen it since.
Since did a little research. They actually DID make an Edsel delivery! Can't have been many, only seen one, anywhere, ever!

I shot this 64 for a friend 4 yrs ago. Real nice solid South Dakota body.
260 4spd orig ,had a 302 transplant.
It sold last year mid 20s.
1000000297.jpg

Just rolled out the 66 VIP for a bath and a trip across town to rescue a broke down friend. Here are the hood and rear bumper. Both were black And both need refurbished. I'll be reviewing those links.

Thanks guys!
20231103_112335.jpg

20231103_112356.jpg

Just rolled out the 66 VIP for a bath and a trip across town to rescue a broke down friend. Here are the hood and rear bumper. Both were black And both need refurbished. I'll be reviewing those links.

Thanks guys!
View attachment 1550928
View attachment 1550927
So that Plymouth lettering on the rear bumper was a real thing? I thought someone "customized" the rear bumper when I saw that on another Plymouth recently...

1699036856621.jpeg

Whoever came up with that that was still there in '73-

1699037638870.png

So that Plymouth lettering on the rear bumper was a real thing? I thought someone "customized" the rear bumper when I saw that on another Plymouth recently...

View attachment 1550933

Yep, it's a thing. The VIP is the same body as the Fury I II III and sport. I don't know if they got the same bumper. I just saw my pic on the laptop and here's a slightly better one. From the badging on the C pillar it looks like that could be a VIP in your pic.

20231103_115002.jpg

20231103_115153.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back