• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 ford

Gus chiggins

Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I sometimes go on ebay, and look at other cars besides Mopar. I came across a listing for a 1963 Ford Galaxy for 18k. The joke was that over 20k was invested in the car mechanically. Looking at the pictures I doubt twenty bucks was spent on the car. If you go to the ford section on ebay, and look at the listing from a dealer in Staunton, Illinois. The car is "painted" in a flat olive drab, it's a four door with a 302, and a tremec five speed, the hacked up carpet was a nice touch. I get tired of pieces of crap being sold even for that amount, and wonder why younger kids have no interest in the old car hobby. Btw the name of the dealer is country-classics, in Staunton, Illnois. Here is the photo of the 18k galaxy

Screenshot_20231101_201057_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
buddy of mine has this 63 Fairlane blank slate for the Ferd enthusiast..... 8500

62 ford.jpg

a 64 Galaxie 500 XLT 427ci, is more my taste
64 Galaxie 500 427ci #1 Black.jpg

or a 66-67 GTA or Fairlane 500 390 or 427 car
67 Fairlane 500 427ci Hardtop.jpg

or a 57 DeRio Ranch Wagon 2 dr
57 Ford 2 dr Del Rio Ranch Wagon #1.jpg

or a 53 F100, my stepfather Bob had all 4
all had hopped-up FE BBs he was an avid Ford, especially Pontiac & MoPar guy too
none of these were his, just representations of them

he had a cool HotRod 35 Ford PU with a big Buick, 4-speed & dana-60
53 F-100 white #1.jpg

My mom had a 64 Galaxie. I thought it was goofy until my older cousin told me it had a 390. Now I wouldn't mind owning one. We had a '56 Ford PU too. I painted it red with flames. I think it had a 6 with a 4 speed with granny gear in first.

My buddy restored this one and sold it last year. Original Q code 427/410.
IMG_0193.jpeg

IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0187.jpeg

'67 Fairlane my parents had when I was too young to remember. Pretty cool 2DR I'd say. Mom is 15yo in this picture...

1698925514748.png

Is this a clue for another thread you started this morning?

I sold this 63 Fairlane Sports Coupe 500 for $18.5k last month. I feel like I got a good price. Btw, I do like some of the older fords like the 63 galaxy, and the various years of the fairlanes, don't tell anybody :)

View attachment 1550261

View attachment 1550262
That seems a decent price for the condition of that car. The galaxy I was talking about earlier in this thread is nowhere near the condition of the car you sold. Some of these classic car dealers are a ripoff.

The Fairlanes were a good looking car through out the years. I like the 63-67 best. 2 different styles and sizes but nice cars. My buddy had a pale yellow 67. 390 4 speed. I could wax his butt with my 69 383 Road Runner. That ticked him off :rofl:

here's the link to the ad the OP is talking about
1963 Ford Galaxie

Love how they added the clutch pedal without cutting or replacing the original brake pedal. Quality work right there :rolleyes::screwy:

hung out with kids a year or 2 older than me....... one had a 66/67 Fairlane 390 4 speed.........I was 15/16, didn't mind riding shotgun; it was pretty cool at the time

The Fairlanes were a good looking car through out the years. I like the 63-67 best. 2 different styles and sizes but nice cars. My buddy had a pale yellow 67. 390 4 speed. I could wax his butt with my 69 383 Road Runner. That ticked him off :rofl:
1963 Ford Galaxie

Love how they added the clutch pedal without cutting or replacing the original brake pedal. Quality work right there :rolleyes::screwy:
Haha, that's what I'm talking about, clownshow in staunton, illinoise.

That seems a decent price for the condition of that car. The galaxy I was talking about earlier in this thread is nowhere near the condition of the car you sold. Some of these classic car dealers are a ripoff.
Thanks. It does have some stuff going on like a recently rebuilt 302 with Fitech fuel injection, new exhaust with long-tube headers, MustangII front end with power disc brakes, Dakota Digital dash and a C6 tranny. The weak part of that car is the paint and prep which was starting to show issues.

1963 Ford Galaxie

That is a real turd!

I always loved the look of the back end of my first car...
'59 Ranch Wagon (basically a Fairlane)

1698939555177.png

Thanks. It does have some stuff going on like a recently rebuilt 302 with Fitech fuel injection, new exhaust with long-tube headers, MustangII front end with power disc brakes, Dakota Digital dash and a C6 tranny. The weak part of that car is the paint and prep which was starting to show issues.

That is a real turd!
I looked at the pix of that engine, rebuilt???, when ??

Auto Transport Service
Back