• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 fury

ir3333

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
What is required to change a '63 Fury front end to a '64 fury.
Can you just replace the '63 grill, bumper,fenders and hood with '64 pieces??

No the cowling was changed in '64 a number of incompatible body parts with the change from '63.

What is required to change a '63 Fury front end to a '64 fury.
Can you just replace the '63 grill, bumper,fenders and hood with '64 pieces??
all of it will bolt right on,,u will have to get creative with the bumper mounts though,,the lenght of the mounting pad is shorter than on the 1963.but not too big of a fab job,, i just went thru it when i installed a complete front end from a 1965 on my 1963..

My bad on the incorrect answer..I seem to remember some incompatible parts due to the cowl change but glad you set this straight...good news I'm sure.

TX Guys...getting frustrated looking for a 64 Fury project, but know where there is a buildable '63.
Wonder how hard the '64 front end pieces are to find and if dash frames are interchangeable as i prefer the '64 dash bezel too. ???

After pouring over pictures it sure looks like the '63 and '64 hoods are the same?

64 hood
IMG_0176.jpg

63 hood
IMG_2175.jpg

chrome trim a bit different but should work
Yes I have seen a 63 with a 64 front end at Carlisle several times.

look at the cowling area, as I posted partly incorrectly above, I think it is here that most significant changes were made btw 63 & 64. Look at this area btw the two photos posted above. I gather this accommodated the major redesign of the dash dropping the boat look of the '63. Might be the hood dimensions are still the same, not sure and also there might have been some variances with how it was mounted. When restoring my '63 vert I recall encountering some non-compatibility with the doors due to the design. There are earlier posts on the forum that discussed this in nice detail that I referenced during my resto. Maybe others will see your post and reply.

Ron. Now that I looked at what you have said above, Maybe the car at Carlisle was a 65 with a 64 front.

Good eye...between the windshield and hood is definitely different, but the hoods may be the same from that point on.I would like to learn as much as i can before i pull the trigger on my next (and last) project.
Getting a decent builder is very difficult now.

Good luck with the "Last". I've said that about 5 or 6 cars ago.:poke:

Wonder how hard the '64 front end pieces are to find and if dash frames are interchangeable as i prefer the '64 dash bezel too. ???
1964 fenders r on ebay right now, along with misc grill pieces etc, just buy a hood from AAR fiberglass, (the best choice). they advertise 63 and 64's r the same...

the dash will require more work where as i did the swap also..triming is needed at both the top and sides, and u will have to lenghten the 2 lower u-groove arms, do all that and it bolts right in...sounds like alot more than it is,,harder to find rust free non-a/c dash frame than the fenders...if u search my previous responses u will see a little of my dash work...hope this helps.

TX Guys...getting frustrated looking for a 64 Fury project, but know where there is a buildable '63.
Are you in Ontario Ca. or Canada?

Maybe it would be easier to buy and list the 63 “for trade only?” There could certainly be someone out there considering the reverse of what you are trying to do. Can’t hurt and may save you a lot of work.

yup...i decided to pass and wait on a '64.It was a nice '63 savoy and would have been a shame to change it out.
it sold in 2 days. Thanks guys, that info is nice to know!

It reminds me of 1965 when Richard Petty was racing Furys. The 65 front end didn't perform as well aerodynamically as the 64 front end, so he swapped the 64 front end onto the 65 Fury. Chrysler Corp did not like it, because they wanted to sell new cars, not last year's model.

I think I've got that pretty close to correct.

Auto Transport Service
Back