• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Plymouth 22" core support radiator needed

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Needs to fit in stock location with and with out electric fans. Estimate 500+ HP range in central FL (it's HOT down here!). Does not need trans cooling, that will be done separately unless you have a rad that will cool a trans with a 9.5" high stall converter (3500+).

Thanks, Chuck

Pricey, but I would go with a Griffin. It works great in my 62, with no shroud.
20210122_155954.jpg

Great, do you have a part number? Is that the exact fit model and did you paint it black or did it come like that?

Thanks, Chuck

That is the exact fit model and yes I painted it black.

Great, two other questions. Do you have a auto trans or a manual? If you have an auto, is the rad supplied with a trans cooler integral or do you use a remote trans cooler? It looks GREAT BTW.

Thanks. Chuck

Internal transmission cooler. Original push button 727 from a 65 for eliminating the ball and trunion joint.

Thanks, that's my exact same setup with a maybe exception to a loose 9.5" converter. It would make life a lot easier to not have to worry about mounting an external trans cooler; I could always add one later if it becomes an issue, thanks for the help and insights.

Chuck (snook)

I don't think it will be an issue. I installed a 160 thermostat, but it wasn't necessary as the engine runs no more than 165 on the hottest days around here. I probably should change it, but until there is a problem, I won't mess up the paint on the engine.

Just ordered the Griffin exact fit (PN# 5-70024), thanks for the recommendation.

Chuck (snook)

Just an update. The dual electric fan upgrade works. Brought it down from 220* to 180* in a few minutes. It will work fine at the track and on the street. I highly recommend it, spendy sure but worth the peace of mind for sure.

Chuck (snook)

Auto Transport Service
Back