• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1963 Plymouth 22" core support radiator needed

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Needs to fit in stock location with and with out electric fans. Estimate 500+ HP range in central FL (it's HOT down here!). Does not need trans cooling, that will be done separately unless you have a rad that will cool a trans with a 9.5" high stall converter (3500+).

Thanks, Chuck

Pricey, but I would go with a Griffin. It works great in my 62, with no shroud.
20210122_155954.jpg

Great, do you have a part number? Is that the exact fit model and did you paint it black or did it come like that?

Thanks, Chuck

That is the exact fit model and yes I painted it black.

Great, two other questions. Do you have a auto trans or a manual? If you have an auto, is the rad supplied with a trans cooler integral or do you use a remote trans cooler? It looks GREAT BTW.

Thanks. Chuck

Internal transmission cooler. Original push button 727 from a 65 for eliminating the ball and trunion joint.

Thanks, that's my exact same setup with a maybe exception to a loose 9.5" converter. It would make life a lot easier to not have to worry about mounting an external trans cooler; I could always add one later if it becomes an issue, thanks for the help and insights.

Chuck (snook)

I don't think it will be an issue. I installed a 160 thermostat, but it wasn't necessary as the engine runs no more than 165 on the hottest days around here. I probably should change it, but until there is a problem, I won't mess up the paint on the engine.

Just ordered the Griffin exact fit (PN# 5-70024), thanks for the recommendation.

Chuck (snook)

Just an update. The dual electric fan upgrade works. Brought it down from 220* to 180* in a few minutes. It will work fine at the track and on the street. I highly recommend it, spendy sure but worth the peace of mind for sure.

Chuck (snook)

Auto Transport Service
Back