• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1963 Plymouth Savoy 2dr. post. 383 Pushbutton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM23J

Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1963 Plymouth Savoy Indiana State Police Interceptor (street racer)

Car is still wearing its original paint from its active duty days as well as it's Police call # 7177 on the passenger kick panel. The # (9) in the VIN represents (Police). The VIN plate is there and legible but there is no data tag on the fender.

Original paint cars don't lie so no attempts at body work have been made (obviously).

No frills. Manual steering, manual brakes

Runs, shifts and drives strong.

Car was a factory 383HP car. Engine is a 2/18/69 date code 383 in it now with a Holley Street Dominator intake and new Edelbrock 650cfm 4bbl. Headman Headers, new starter and so on.

Engine runs STRONG!!! Runs cool. No smoke or any issues with it whatsoever.

727 Shifts great. Still has the old spindle axle 8.75 rear end and "flange" driveshaft.

New fuel tank.

New front DISC brake conversion.

Charging system works, all lights still work and so on. Tach works but that's about it for gauges.

Obviously the car will need a variety of patch panels and massaging throughout but the bones of the car are still rock solid. The subframe looks great and there have been some subframe connectors installed at some point. Looks like the floor rust was all cut out and all (4) OEM style floor pans have been welded in but not a real "professional" job. They are good enough for the track or driving the car around. Solid though.

Trunk pan has some holes too but it's all there. Rockers aren't too bad on the car but still...make no mistake, there is a lot of rust on the car.

I am including a new drivers side rear quarter patch panel and wheel well opening too.

Old 15" Keystone mags with bald tires on back but they all hold air for transporting the car.

This is a VERY unique car and a great chance to own something special.

Affordable B-Body 2dr post, big block car. "Poor mans Max Wedge"...NOT a $30,000 car.

The car was sold at the state police auction in '73 with NO TITLE.

Therefore I do not have a title for the car. I never intended on titling it for the street. I was going to use it as a "weekend warrior" drag car. Sold on Indiana Bill of Sale.

$5300.00 as it sits or $4000 rolling with transmission minus 383 motor.

I live in southern Indiana

Attachments

• DSCN3761.jpg
    DSCN3761.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,371
  • DSCN3787.jpg
    DSCN3787.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSCN3764.jpg
    DSCN3764.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,321
  • DSCN3783.jpg
    DSCN3783.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,389
  • DSCN3772.jpg
    DSCN3772.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • DSCN3790.jpg
    DSCN3790.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,282
  • DSCN3776.jpg
    DSCN3776.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,314
  • DSCN3781.jpg
    DSCN3781.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,271
Last edited:
Loving the Savoy RM23!
Can this car be shipped to the UK without a title?
Very interested if it can be please.
HNY from PolyJon England

001.jpgI like original cars with all their defects. I hope you don't mind me piggy backing my '63 wagon that FS to also show patina rules.

Nice Wagon OldWood!
maybe just a bit too rusty for me.
Out of interest, is she a Poly-car?
Polyjon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back