• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Big block gets new paint

cruizer88

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
1964 426W +.070"
Weisco pistons
Six Pack rods
Balanced steel crank
Comp Cams XS274S cam and solid lifters

Next spring he will reside in my 1964 Dodge Polara. Just finished all the paint work and now its ready to rest until April.

426W 11.JPG 426W 12.JPG 426W 13.JPG 426W 14.JPG 426W 15.JPG

Looks great:thumbsup:

Did you have it sonic tested at .070 over? I'm wondering how that compares to a 440. I know the 426 is a smaller bore so how much is left?

Nice, and that is a good cam grind also.

Nice !!!

Is that the correct color for a Dodge?

Looks great:thumbsup:

Did you have it sonic tested at .070 over? I'm wondering how that compares to a 440. I know the 426 is a smaller bore so how much is left?
Yes I did have it tested. On those blocks there is plenty of meat left on the bone. I think it ends up at 438CID.

Yes I did have it tested. On those blocks there is plenty of meat left on the bone. I think it ends up at 438CID.
It was originally 4.25", and now is 4.32" bore.

Man I love that intake! That's the Mopar Dual Plane correct? I wanted to use it, but it will hit the hood on my 68 Charger :(

You ever consider painting the intake as well? I love the all stock kinda sleeper look but that’s just me. Engine looks great!

Great looking motor how much hp is it pushing

Huh, so you bored it right to a std bore 440. Just curious, where was the bore before 0.070.
The block came from an old race car that ran back in the sixties. It came to me already bored to 4.32" and all I had to do was hone it to freshen it up.

You ever consider painting the intake as well? I love the all stock kinda sleeper look but that’s just me. Engine looks great!
I did think about painting it. But being new it looked so good I had to leave it for a while. Easy to paint later if I change my mind.

Man I love that intake! That's the Mopar Dual Plane correct? I wanted to use it, but it will hit the hood on my 68 Charger :(
You are correct. For me it will work just fine. It it a beautiful piece of engineering.

I did think about painting it. But being new it looked so good I had to leave it for a while. Easy to paint later if I change my mind.

I have the same intake on my 383 and it was definitely a point of debate between my dad and I whether to paint it or not (me for, he against). I ended up painting mine but either way they look awesome. Eddy did a nice job on looks and function with that one.

Auto Transport Service
Back