• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 dodge door panels

rolling_Thunder

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
So - question for the masses.... have a 1964 Polara 500 project and it is missing the driver's side door panel and glass. Question is -

Is there a difference between a coupe and hardtop door panel ? I am just trying to figure out what can be used as a replacement. I understand some of the trim pieces or patterns may be different - but I need to re-do all the panels anyway -- I just need a starting point.

Also I know the driver's window is different between coupe and hardtop - but what year glass swaps with the 1964 ? 63-65?

So - question for the masses.... have a 1964 Polara 500 project and it is missing the driver's side door panel and glass. Question is -

Is there a difference between a coupe and hardtop door panel ? I am just trying to figure out what can be used as a replacement. I understand some of the trim pieces or patterns may be different - but I need to re-do all the panels anyway -- I just need a starting point.

Also I know the driver's window is different between coupe and hardtop - but what year glass swaps with the 1964 ? 63-65?

Hey Rolling_Thunder....I have a 64 Dodge 440 2dr Sedan and acquired a set of really nice set of door panels from a 2dr hardtop car. I can tell you that the trim panels are just a little different in length and will not interchange between the hardtop and sedan. Also, with the sedan having full frame doors, the glass is different. I'm sure however the same glass is used between 64 and 65 cars. I have my hardtop door panels up for sale on this site. They are turquoise and are in real nice condition. I was not even going to have them refurbished since my interior is turquoise.

Hey Rolling_Thunder....I have a 64 Dodge 440 2dr Sedan and acquired a set of really nice set of door panels from a 2dr hardtop car. I can tell you that the trim panels are just a little different in length and will not interchange between the hardtop and sedan. Also, with the sedan having full frame doors, the glass is different. I'm sure however the same glass is used between 64 and 65 cars. I have my hardtop door panels up for sale on this site. They are turquoise and are in real nice condition. I was not even going to have them refurbished since my interior is turquoise.

Yes the 64 65 hardtop side glass is the same Dodge or Plymouth.

Auto Transport Service
Back