• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Need measurement from block to radiator please

Dan64

Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm working on a 64" Polara with a 440 big block and need to find out how much room is available up front. The engine for this build will use a CVF wraptor serpentine set up which i'm sure eats up some real estate. For any of you guys with a bb in a 64,65 ,what measurement do you have from the block/ water pump mating surface to the radiator surface ( and how thick is your radiator ) or to the radiator support. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm working on a 64" Polara with a 440 big block and need to find out how much room is available up front. The engine for this build will use a CVF wraptor serpentine set up which i'm sure eats up some real estate. For any of you guys with a bb in a 64,65 ,what measurement do you have from the block/ water pump mating surface to the radiator surface ( and how thick is your radiator ) or to the radiator support. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
I have 6 3/4 in. from water pump pulley flange to the core support.

I have 6 3/4 in. from water pump pulley flange to the core support.
Thank you , i'm not sure how much longer the serpentine set up projects toward to radiator . Would you happen to have a measurement from the block/ water pump housing to the core support?. what year / body style do you have?.

Thank you , i'm not sure how much longer the serpentine set up projects toward to radiator . Would you happen to have a measurement from the block/ water pump housing to the core support?. what year / body style do you have?.
The above measurement is 12 3/4"
64 Polara 500, now a 440 4 speed was a 383 4 speed car originally

62-65 B body are real tight from engine to the radiator support. You'll notice the core support is dimpled to allow the radiator to set further forward on the drivers side. If you remove the latch assembly and go to hood pins only the radiator can be place in front of the support for more room.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back