• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Polara 33,000 original miles CA. *Craigs*

abloch

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
Not mine Just too nice to not share.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4854612374.html

polara1.jpg
polara.jpg

I am selling my 1964 Dodge Polara 50th Anniversary Edition. It is a "True Survivor" classic. It only has 33K original miles on it. It is all original. Never wrecked, original paint, interior, everything. No rust and straight with beautiful Chrome. When we had the brakes done, it still had the original factory Chrysler Star brake shoes on it. It has the 230 hp Mopar wide "Saw Tooth Poly-block" 318 cu. in.V8, with factory A/C, Power Brakes, Power Steering, the "Classic" Push Button automatic transmission. It is a sweet ride and it runs like a top!

That is sweet. It'd make a nice daily driver. Look exactly like the '64 Polara that we had for driver's training when I was in high school, shows how friggin old I am.

really nice original car,
BUT 2 too many doors for my taste thou,
not that there's anything wrong with that...

Less than 650 miles per year since new. Power steering, power brakes and factory A/C. 8,000 seem like a deal to me.

I see this posting got moved. Did I miss something? Did I violate a new rule regarding craigslist findings?

I'm always very wary of these guys selling cars that are 40 or 50 years old that supposedly have low original miles on them. If a person is not the original owner, then it's about impossible for them to say with any authority how many miles are on the car unless they can document that it's been sitting for decades.

I've looked at a ton of vintage cars over the past 30 years, and ones that are driven that scarcely usually are very poor drivers when you find them. The brake fluid gums up, the radiators are gunked up, fuel tanks have lots of rust inside, window seals are all hardened and cracked from lack of use, rodent damage to the interior, etc. The car won't have major issues, but lots and lots of little ones that are "tells" that a car has spent most of its life sitting.

Anytime I hear about a supposed low-mile car that runs and drives great, I get real suspicious and the owner better have some rock-solid way of documenting that mileage besides saying "well, that's what's on the odometer", which is what I hear 99% of the time. A five-digit odometer is not a valid means of measuring mileage on car older than six or seven years. The standard at the Ford dealership I worked at was any car that came in with a five-digit odometer and was over five years old had to be listed as an Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) vehicle because there's no way to tell if the odo was rolled over.

wow looks exactly like my car....sadly this one is in better condition..lol

Auto Transport Service
Back