• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Dodge Polara 500 Headlight switch w/console

grubby65

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys I need to replace the headlight switch on my 1964 Dodge Polara 500 with console. The parts book shows two different switches, 2298855 for non console cars and 2497777 for cars with a console. I was just going to go and get an Echlin switch at NAPA, but they only list one switch for a 1964 Polara. Anyone have any experience using a part's store switch? I looked at Rock Auto and the switch they show listed has both OEM Part numbers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I don't think there's any difference in the switch! The console lights are connected to the interior light harness not to the switch itself!

I just replaced the headlamp switch in my 63 dodge. I bought it from Layson's restorations there add is on this website. Check the Their website out I got fast response also.

Auto Transport Service
Back