• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers for 1964 Polara 500

Looking (desperately?) for a nice set of headers for my 1964 Polara 500. I see a lot of options that are close, but nothing that is a specific fit. FYI: The car was an original 383, but now a 440. Ideally, long tube & ceramic coated. Any help is appreciated! Thx.
May be a little late to the party, here,
but have you considered a custom set?
Mine are, and didn't cost any more
than an off the shelf brand.
20190728_195218.jpg

FWIW, many years ago when I built my '65 Coronet with a 440 block and Eddy straight plug heads, I ended up using 1968/69 Roadrunner exhaust manifolds. Sold the headers that I originally installed and never looked back. Used a product typically for Corvette manifolds to keep them looking good. Cannot remember the name of it. Came in a can like a snuff can. Put on with a tooth brush occassionally. My son has that car now and it still looks, sounds, and runs great.

1) I called TTI. Great folks. I talked with Sam. They have a part number. But, unfortunately, it's not in stock until August / September. 2) I'm going to look into the Doug's first thing tomorrow. Thx! Last, 3) I'll certainly consider exhaust manifolds. I'm checking the casting numbers on mine to see if they're High Performance or not. Keep y'all posted. Thanks again for your input.

Dougs 452 for long tubes. I would go with Schumacher tri-y before exhaust manifolds for performance. Big Block Tri-Y Under Chassis Headers
I have a set I don't need, painted though. PM me if interested.

Auto Transport Service
Back