• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Fury Sway Bar

Red63440

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any photos of the sway bar mounts on the 64 Fury? I noticed I have the holes for one and wanted to see what’s involved.

This is the factory setup for mounting the bar to the k frame. The other end is clamped onto the strut rod. The only source for these brackets and bar is used original, as far as I know. Mopar Mall has the bushings. You could use the mid 66 to 69 type bar but would require drilling holes, and attaching a mount to the lower control arm etc.
Screenshot_20220421-100532.png

I found a bar for my ’63 from a police car; but this was about 20 years ago and got the hardware with it. It was simply bolt on like it sounds yours is. Made a huge difference with less leaning. Maybe someone on the forum has one with the hardware lying around they swapped for a larger aftermarket bar?

Boy if that isn’t a Frankenstein set up!

A good place to find these is early 1966 Charger. Late '66 Chargers had the bar like '67 and up that attached to lower control arm. 1964 and 1965 Street Wedge cars and Police package cars had these as well. Nobody reproduces these.

Last edited:
A good place to find these is early 1966 Charger. Late '66 Chargers had the bar like '67 and up that attached to lower control arm. 1964 and 1965 Street Wedge cars and Police package cars had these as well. No body reproduces these.
That’s how I found my car. I saw the sway bar pictures and it triggered “Street Wedge” and the rest is history.

Auto Transport Service
Back