• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth front disc brake kit

64Bob

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Thinking about installing a front disc brake kit on my 1964 Plymouth. Has manual brakes and I would like to keep brakes manual also would like to use my stock 14 inch rims. Does anyone have a part number for this type
of kit?

Last edited:
I'm thinking the same thing for my 65 Belvedere wagon. I know they are out there. I did my big block 69 Dart some years back with manual disc. I would like to know what is the best factory one so getting replacements in the future won't be a hassle.

Find an old 5th. Ave. or Diplomat.and harvest the spindles, caliper brackets and proportioning valve. All other parts can be sourced readily and inexpensively from suppliers such as RockAuto.

I have done it both way's on a 64 Dodge using the drum spindles and with parts from a Diplomat on a 65 Belvedere both worked well.

Auto Transport Service
Back