• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1964 plyouth B body doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbee6043

Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I want to do the 4 to 2 door conversion om my 64 Belvedere. Need the pair of doors and the rear filler parts. I think 65 doors are same? Locatd in S E Tx.

I want to do the 4 to 2 door conversion om my 64 Belvedere. Need the pair of doors and the rear filler parts. I think 65 doors are same? Locatd in S E Tx.
Good luck with that search. Chances are pretty slim, guys have been looking for that stuff all along, you might find the doors but the quarters are next to impossible to find. Interior door panels you will never find. Somebody here might be sitting on what you need. If you find Anything it will be $$$$$.

The stuff doesn't grow on trees but it's hardly impossible to find. No older junk yards in your area? Look up Gary Ball Interiors, he sells fiberglass upper door and quarter supports if you can't find originals. AMD was producing quarter panels but I think they sold out. I'm pretty sure 64/65 are the same but don't quote me on that. Really your best bet is a parts car if you can find one nearby (glass, trim, etc). Sled City makes fiberglass doors.

The stuff doesn't grow on trees but it's hardly impossible to find. No older junk yards in your area? Look up Gary Ball Interiors, he sells fiberglass upper door and quarter supports if you can't find originals. AMD was producing quarter panels but I think they sold out. I'm pretty sure 64/65 are the same but don't quote me on that. Really your best bet is a parts car if you can find one nearby (glass, trim, etc). Sled City makes fiberglass doors.
Rust free parts car $10/15K rusty parts car $8K and $25K to fix the rust.

there is a 64 dodge 2 dr post in wisc. you people just have to look for them they are out there.
Any contact info???
Yes I need doors off a post car 64 or 5 ply (or dodge i beleive) the door post and the inside material and glass that is behind the doors. Need parts car material. I can see the rear doors of 4 door genes for the outer rear qtr metal.
Alot of these post cars that were wrecked rusted have already been used for this conversion, nothing new.
Hardtop doors do not work as the roofs are way different.

63 doors could be used but the door frame front angle at the windshield is tapered different and the door latch is different.I have done extensive research on the cars to know what parts to use.
64-65 Dodge and Plymouth sdn doors are the same. I had purchased some sdn doors that can only be used for parts like glass,regulators,framework,basically complete,but rusted bad.The parts from the sdn doors can be used to convert hdtp doors into sdn doors, it can be done.Vent wings are the same, there is a difference in the window regulators from sdn to hdtp also.
Hope this will help.
Jeff

63 doors could be used but the door frame front angle at the windshield is tapered different and the door latch is different.I have done extensive research on the cars to know what parts to use.
64-65 Dodge and Plymouth sdn doors are the same. I had purchased some sdn doors that can only be used for parts like glass,regulators,framework,basically complete,but rusted bad.The parts from the sdn doors can be used to convert hdtp doors into sdn doors, it can be done.Vent wings are the same, there is a difference in the window regulators from sdn to hdtp also.
Hope this will help.
Jeff
Thanks for the info. Old boneyards around Texas are few. Like everywhere I guess.
Another guy that has done this convert told me that HT doors can be used IF I use the upper frames off my 4 door doors. Creative welding?? So I guess that means the vent windows are the same. MY vent windows of the 4 door are MIA.

Here is a funny. A yard that has some old stuff had a guy come in a couple years ago and buy all his early B bodies, just shells with front and rear suspension. He used them for a copy cat of the guy somewhere, that stuck them in the ground *** end first. Guess he has a rural cafe and wanted the attraction!!!

Creative welding??

What about 4 door hardtop doors, is there enough creative welding to use those?

I've imagined using those to make a wagon into a 4 door hardtop, but never thought it through.

What about 4 door hardtop doors, is there enough creative welding to use those?

I've imagined using those to make a wagon into a 4 door hardtop, but never thought it through.

I have access a full setup if you are interested, including the short b-pillars and nice doors. They use a funky trim piece that the glass mates to but there is nothing overwhelmingly different about it if you have the right parts. I had the same thoughts about a hardtop wagon but I'll probably never get there.

I have access a full setup if you are interested, including the short b-pillars and nice doors. They use a funky trim piece that the glass mates to but there is nothing overwhelmingly different about it if you have the right parts. I had the same thoughts about a hardtop wagon but I'll probably never get there.
Send a private message with condition and price. Thanks

Thanks. I read those articles years ago and my search here before can up dry!!! One good thing is I am not doing an AWB deal!!!!!!
A friend over in Ks has done this and like he said the doors are the easy part, that stuff behind the doors is another story!!!

Still looking for 2 door post car doors and parts. May not find any affordable and if not, that is OK I will proceed with it as a more door.

I can pickup a decent 62 Dart 2 door post car as a project at a decent price. All these high figures for project cars people guote just has never been the real world for me thank goodness. I always seem to have 4-5 projects of similar models in various stages.

My more door 64 Bel , it is missing the vent windows. I get different info on this. I assume the 2 door hardtop cars have different vent window!!????

Another question, what interchanges as to front and rar bumpers, and the support fot the hood latch etc?????

Thanks for the info I havn't had an early B body since about 2000. Miss them.

I've probably sold 4-5 complete 63 & 64-5 more door conversion sets over the past 2 years of just cleaning out stuff I don't need but no they are not easy to find & they also do not fly off the shelf as many people are not able or willing to do the work.
if you are interested & want to deal with shipping which is no issue on my end I have a few more sets of rust free 63 & 64-5 sedan doors only but I won't know exactly how many until I get them from my storage unit in a few weeks.

I've probably sold 4-5 complete 63 & 64-5 more door conversion sets over the past 2 years of just cleaning out stuff I don't need but no they are not easy to find & they also do not fly off the shelf as many people are not able or willing to do the work.
if you are interested & want to deal with shipping which is no issue on my end I have a few more sets of rust free 63 & 64-5 sedan doors only but I won't know exactly how many until I get them from my storage unit in a few weeks.
I am asking and learning and I get alot of different info. You know alal I need! I assume I need: besides doors, the qtr glass and all related mech for that. I will need the B post. I plan to use the outside skin of back doors for that metal. I need the qtr glass inside car metal. If I am mistaken please correct me. If you have shipped all these parts before you have an idea about packing and maybe even shipping costs. Maybe all your guys were local and picked up.
If cost of parts and shipping is prohibitive I will just keep it a more door. Out in this part of the world of Tx La Okla Mo Ks I can find pretty decent 62-5 post projects from time to time and they don't brake the bank.
I appreciate your interest inmy project. Just PM me the details. Thanks

I am asking and learning and I get alot of different info. You know alal I need! I assume I need: besides doors, the qtr glass and all related mech for that. I will need the B post. I plan to use the outside skin of back doors for that metal. I need the qtr glass inside car metal. If I am mistaken please correct me. If you have shipped all these parts before you have an idea about packing and maybe even shipping costs. Maybe all your guys were local and picked up.
If cost of parts and shipping is prohibitive I will just keep it a more door. Out in this part of the world of Tx La Okla Mo Ks I can find pretty decent 62-5 post projects from time to time and they don't brake the bank.
I appreciate your interest inmy project. Just PM me the details. Thanks

You were asking about vent wing glass and they are all the same 64-65 B Body. Parts you will also need is inside B pillar moulding, the sdn front inside door trim panels, rear inside quarter trim panels, or at least the steel supports frames at the top of each inside panel to be refurbished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back