• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 polara (440)

This is my 64 Dodge Polara sleeper back in 1984. I guess I could have done a better job on the sleeper end of it.. But note the difference in Polara trim, hood strip, trunk strips and front and rear bumperettes.View attachment 549736

Funny, my 64 Polara does not have bumperettes. Was this an option I wonder?

Last edited:
Bumper guards were an option - not standard equipment.

I'm sure that you'll find the missing stainless without much problem. It looks mostly there and it sure shins up nicely without much work. There would also be a lot of holes to fill if you removed it, may want to move that decision to the back burner. Good luck with the project.
Yeah it'll be the last thing. I'm just making a list of what I know it'll need.
Glad you are saving it. That looks like midwest rust on the suspension, I hope you own an oxy acet torch lol. This link should help you with getting new metal...http://www.autometaldirect.com/body-components-c-23.html

Yep and yes I have a torch. You should see my other build...

Oh the things you'll find in a trunk of a car.

Got the rear tires changed out finally and managed to get the brake drums busted free. Those tires barely clear the lip inside, have about 3/8 inch clearance. Rear springs are totally shot. Only thing holding the car up really is the coil overs someone added at one point in time.

Hoping to try to crank this over this week sometime.

IMG_3730.JPG IMG_3732.JPG IMG_3735.JPG IMG_3736.JPG IMG_3789.JPG IMG_3794.JPG

Oh the things you'll find in a trunk of a car.

Got the rear tires changed out finally and managed to get the brake drums busted free. Those tires barely clear the lip inside, have about 3/8 inch clearance. Rear springs are totally shot. Only thing holding the car up really is the coil overs someone added at one point in time.

Hoping to try to crank this over this week sometime.

View attachment 565799 View attachment 565800 View attachment 565801 View attachment 565802 View attachment 565803 View attachment 565804

Yes sometimes in search of old Mopars you never know what you're going to come across.... Still wondering what this was... Any guesses?
IMG_4809.JPG

Look what followed me home... spare 64 poly and pushbutton trans

IMG_3869.JPG

Look what followed me home... spare 64 poly and pushbutton trans

View attachment 569823
---
When I was 16 I used to take #7 rod out of them all the time.. think it had something to do with my driving...
I found a picture of my last 64 Dodge. Another car that I sold 20 years ago and should have kept..

IMG_4847.JPG

You got to love any model of the 64. I had my first at 16 yrs old and now 40 plus years later i have my second chance to do ot right. Ever since i joined this group i have been able to get get info and boy do i thank everyone for it. Still having a hard time finding some of the trim pieces or don't have the green backs to do it. Well that's part of building a dream and when its done all o will need to to is polish it lol.

That is a nice ride!!!! If we only knew back then what we had

---
When I was 16 I used to take #7 rod out of them all the time.. think it had something to do with my driving...
I found a picture of my last 64 Dodge. Another car that I sold 20 years ago and should have kept..

View attachment 569836
---

View attachment 569836
---

View attachment 569836
When can we see more of your current ride

When can we see more of your current ride
---
Here you are Bearman. My 64 Sedan.

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4784.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

I built a different hood for this year. Yeah, it's a cowl... But! It's got a Mopar stripe on it so in my mind it's ok. Mopar stripes are "straight".

that is a beautiful color on that car!
—-
Thanks Dukeboy. I think deciding on a colour was the hardest part of the job. Then the Mrs pulled out a brass lipstick case and said “what about this colour”. Took it in and said make me this colour. The red came along afterwards.

I'm sure that you'll find the missing stainless without much problem. It looks mostly there and it sure shins up nicely without much work. There would also be a lot of holes to fill if you removed it, may want to move that decision to the back burner. Good luck with the project.
How is the rearend set up did you move the springs ss springs what tire and wheel and offset did uou use

How is the rearend set up did you move the springs ss springs what tire and wheel and offset did uou use
---
Yes, mini tubs moved up against the frame. Split mono leafs and caltracs. The rims are the 15X10 with a 3.750 backspace. Actually with the torque thrusts in 15X10, it is the only offset they offer. As you can see, there's loads of room for more backspace.
IMG_1792.JPG

And if you can believe it, this is where my car colour came from..
IMG_4932.JPG

That awesome to have a color that nobody e!se come up with. I really like the whole deal with the painted bumpers and the stripes really set the body color off. As for the rear set up you have done a great job. I'm hoping that mine will come out nice but we will see. Really like the dana look just makes the car look tough.

Auto Transport Service
Back