• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 polara (440)

dukeboy_318

Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
So a few months back, I bought this off a long time friend. Its a 1964 dodge polara. Bought new by my friend's dad, then given to my friend's brother and then to my friend. Finally drug it out of the mud and home this past weekend. original 318 poly/pushbutton trans. frame is solid, floor pans and trunk floor are junk. One thing I found interesting is that the fender tag has it listed as a Dodge 440 but the title says Polara and it still sports the polara script on the body. Original paint under the grey primer.

IMG_3387.JPG IMG_3388.JPG IMG_3389.JPG IMG_3384.JPG IMG_3421.JPG IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3425.JPG

Last edited:
Title says Polara?
Titles do not say the kind of trim, only sedan, hard top, or vert.

Polara 2-doors come with bucket seats, also Polaras have a metal panel across the back with reverse lights. Yours is probably plain with 4 tailites (2-on each side)

This one does.

Reads as follows

Make Type Model Year
DOD. SDN. POL. 1964
HMMMMMMMMMMM I have a Md. title here and a Pa. and neither have a model designation. What state please?

HMMMMMMMMMMM I have a Md. title here and a Pa. and neither have a model designation. What state please?
Indiana, 1997 title. they have changed to a new look title but even those have the make/model/body type listed

Okay!
I stand corrected for Indiana.

Yah! I try always make copys before I go to register it.

What's a guy to do that converts a 4 door to a 2 door in Indiana?
dont know, doesnt affect me, im leaving it a 4 door

This is my 64 Dodge Polara sleeper back in 1984. I guess I could have done a better job on the sleeper end of it.. But note the difference in Polara trim, hood strip, trunk strips and front and rear bumperettes.
IMG_2451.JPG

This is my 64 Dodge Polara sleeper back in 1984. I guess I could have done a better job on the sleeper end of it.. But note the difference in Polara trim, hood strip, trunk strips and front and rear bumperettes.View attachment 549736
yep, thanks. So the BMV title has it wrong? Not that im truly concerned with it. unless i can happen to find all the trim for a 440, it'll probably go trimless. Just gonna be a family cruiser.

yep, thanks. So the BMV title has it wrong? Not that im truly concerned with it. unless i can happen to find all the trim for a 440, it'll probably go trimless. Just gonna be a family cruiser.

I'm sure that you'll find the missing stainless without much problem. It looks mostly there and it sure shins up nicely without much work. There would also be a lot of holes to fill if you removed it, may want to move that decision to the back burner. Good luck with the project.

Auto Transport Service
Back