• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 polara 500 convert

dan brooks

Local time
12:48 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Question, I recently acquired a 64 polara 500 convert and have a few questions about it.
1- Did this car come with power windows out of the factory? this one has the switches for electric. Would I use the same door panels as the ones made for roll down windows as this car does not have the door panels?
2- can anyone supply me with a list of all the options that were available for this car in 64? The fender tag is missing and I would like to get another one made.
3- Who would I contact to have that plate made?
4- Who would make the rear side panels for a convert? I see the front door panels for sale,(rather expensive by the way), but nothing for the back panels.
5- Is there anyway to figure out what motor came with the car without the fender tag? I know it's a v8 car by the door tag but dont know exactly what v8 came with it.
Thanks for all your help, Dan

Hi everyone,
Question, I recently acquired a 64 polara 500 convert and have a few questions about it.
1- Did this car come with power windows out of the factory? this one has the switches for electric. Would I use the same door panels as the ones made for roll down windows as this car does not have the door panels?
2- can anyone supply me with a list of all the options that were available for this car in 64? The fender tag is missing and I would like to get another one made.
4- Who would make the rear side panels for a convert? I see the front door panels for sale,(rather expensive by the way), but nothing for the back panels.
5- Is there anyway to figure out what motor came with the car without the fender tag? I know it's a v8 car by the door tag but dont know exactly what v8 came with it.
The car could have come with power windows. Door panels are the same physical size, but are punched out differently either for manual windows or power windows. Making new door (card / hard board) panels is rather easy if you have the existing fabric to lay over them. I just finished doing this for my 64 convertible.

20221228_130906[1].jpg

Hi everyone,
Take your proof of ownership and contact the Chrysler Historical Services. They will have documentation on your car.

When referencing the rear interior panels, are you looking for the quarter pieces or the fiberglass overlay for the vert hardware?

All great information, do the electric door switches attach from the inside of the panel or the outside? I have no information on that at all. Iwas thinking about making the panels myself actually but dont have them for a pattern and the car didn't come with them.
I will contact the historical services and see if they can help with the options, thanks to everyone here

I'd highly suggest you invest in a Factory Service Manual
specific for that year 1964 Dodge & model specific if you can
It will be worth it's weight in Gold,
help to answer 90%+ of what you want too,
detailed instructions, w/schematics & drawings or photos,
with the various options etc.

good luck

Understood perfectly

Auto Transport Service
Back