• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Sport Fury Fender Tag , Engine ID help

You are most welcome! So automatically we know 344 is 64 Sport Fury. The 1 following signifies Lynch Road. The remaining numerals indicate the sequential number. I need a better photo of the dash pad. I didn't see the "ribs" that run the entire length of the pad. May have been the photo.

Looks like the dual point distributor is out? Did you get it with the car? Also I need a nice close up of that oil filler cap and the top view please.

Also a photo of the engine with air cleaner removed please.

Were you able to get the story on the car. Wonder if it was ordered for the dealer or the original owner? if it's missing the duel point I may have one
I parted out a 64 with a 383 hp .

Great Find :thumbsup:

Looks like the twin strap start relay is missing

You are most welcome! So automatically we know 344 is 64 Sport Fury. The 1 following signifies Lynch Road. The remaining numerals indicate the sequential number. I need a better photo of the dash pad. I didn't see the "ribs" that run the entire length of the pad. May have been the photo.
Yes, pad is ribbed all the way.

And I found the original dual point buried in the garage. Also a spare 426W block and more.

Were you able to get the story on the car. Wonder if it was ordered for the dealer or the original owner? if it's missing the duel point I may have one

The original owner ordered it from Nardone Motors, Westerly RI in Dec. 1963. $4175!! He drove it out to California in 1966. He said he never drove it in the rain or snow.

I found the original dual point in the garage.

Thanks

V

Sold car...So it was ordered by original owner.

I’m curious, my 64 with 383 4bbl had a dual point distributor when I bought it in 68. Did some of the 383s come with a dual point back then? I always wondered if it had been swapped in. If so it was the only mod except glass packs.

I’m curious, my 64 with 383 4bbl had a dual point distributor when I bought it in 68. Did some of the 383s come with a dual point back then? I always wondered if it had been swapped in. If so it was the only mod except glass packs.
Was it a 4 speed?

@HALIFAXHOPS may be able to help with this

V

Sold car...So it was ordered by original owner.
That is what the original owner told me when I asked "manual steering and brakes, power windows?".
Ordered the way he wanted. His uncle owned the dealership.

Was it a 4 speed?

No, it was a TF. Had 36k on it when I bought it off a Plymouth lot. I kind of figured it somehow came through assembly with a dual point by mistake or the first owner had swapped one in. Although it seems like an unlikely owner addition on an otherwise stock car. The first auto maintenance I learned as a kid was swapping points in it and setting dwell/timing on it. It was a pretty quick car. A Dodge representative who lived a couple houses down and drove all the “cool” cars, Charges, etc, drove it and told my Dad it was the quickest 383 he had driven.

No, it was a TF. Had 36k on it when I bought it off a Plymouth lot. I kind of figured it somehow came through assembly with a dual point by mistake or the first owner had swapped one in. Although it seems like an unlikely owner addition on an otherwise stock car. The first auto maintenance I learned as a kid was swapping points in it and setting dwell/timing on it. It was a pretty quick car. A Dodge representative who lived a couple houses down and drove all the “cool” cars, Charges, etc, drove it and told my Dad it was the quickest 383 he had driven.
Thread '383 dual point distributor' 383 dual point distributor

Probably a factory fluke or the first owner had a 383 dual point from some other 4-speed car that he swapped in. 383 Roadrunners and Super Bees had only been out a short time so I doubt it was from a newer car.

Original 64 Sport Fury window sticker

fury.jpg

Definately came with them most of the HP 361/383 like police etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back