• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 to 1996 retired-lynch plnt

myke1971

Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi MOPAR PEOPLE. I retired from Detroit and sweeped floors for $1.96 at Lynch rd plant, went to the LINE, my first car i worked on was a 1966 plymouth. Went into MACHINIST department tool/die etc, then went to PROTOTYPE/CONCEPT builder.. loved my job. IV'E OWED THEM ALL, AND WISH I HAD THEM BACK.
I have a 1971 SSP-RR ?? 2 vin plates, 383 miles on speedo, Zero Rust, and documented as the only 1 of 1 made. Y39 special order.
I'M NOT THE BRAIN MASTER ON MOPARS, BUT I MAY ANSWER MANY QUESTIONS.. I HAVE CONTACTS THAT SEPERATE BS FROM FACTS.

How many 1971 ssp's were painted EV-2 tor red... 2 from plnt G in Mo, 117 in Detroit. the rest are clones,,,,

Welcome.

I am sure the members over at a12forum.com would love to hear from you as well since the 69 A12 cars were produced at L.R.

Hey, Welcome Again Myke1971!!!

What the heck is SSP? I looked at your photos but did not see anything to help the question.

Ma Snart

My 61 Chrysler & 71 Charger for your viewing pleasure - More pictures of my Mopars in my gallery

Welcome to FBBO, it's good to have you here... Is SSP-RR, Sport Satellite/Roadrunner ?, I never hear of a SSP, any photos of this low mile 1971 1 of 1 car,I'm sure others here, are curious also....

Ssp satellite sebring plus,, with roadrunner tossed in.. Rr parts dew to a few items, and brougham seats cloth with rr backs of buckets,,, 2 vin plates----3 if you count the 3rd for special order

Satellite Sebring Plus OK that's better, now it make some sense...

Welcome to the site! Is it true that guys working on the line could get a car built just about any way they wanted it? Is the last name Bogusz familiar to you?

383 miles?
Quit abusing that poor car and drive that puppy, unless you plan leaving it to me.:headbang:

So what's your take on the 440 engine blocks made after 74?

welcome to the site, love having the first person knowledge that you bring to this forum. nothing is better than primary sources.

workin the Line

Welcome to the site! Is it true that guys working on the line could get a car built just about any way they wanted it? Is the last name Bogusz familiar to you?
My 1968 ROADRUNNER<number2// was pulled from the line, put back on,pulled, till it was done, sat for a week with options on back order. Same with my 69 CHARGER<number117// Next car was the 1970 CUDA which got slamed by a HI-LO and sat, till i bought it for $1800.00 and sold it to Connie Coletta for Racing.
My 1971 Sat Sebring plus is so mixed up from MO, G plant, Plymouth and Gavin Govier gave up on it, trying to decode it, but it has 3 vin plates in the Bank Vault. 13 question marks, 2 what the fucks, and RM-RP-AND SPECIAL ORDER BROUHAM SEATS, never placed in any other car.>> concept seats never put in production. GOTTA LOVE THE GOOD OLD DAYS, AND THEY WHERE JUST THAT..

Hey, Welcome Again Myke1971!!!

What the heck is SSP? I looked at your photos but did not see anything to help the question.

Ma Snart

My 61 Chrysler & 71 Charger for your viewing pleasure - More pictures of my Mopars in my gallery
I LOVE THE 61 RAG-TOP,,, IT GAVE ME A STIFFY. I WANNA GO BACK IN TIME... why pull a lever,, when u can push a button????

I asked about the name because his whole family worked for Chrysler. His dad retired from ChryCo and most of his very large family worked there at one time or another. My buddy worked as temp summer help but his brother worked on the lines and had a 68 Road Runner 'specially' built....according to my bud. He's a drinker and likes to 'add' to his stories at times lol but I've heard others talk about getting cars built that the general public usually couldn't. My buddy is in sales now (fleet director) and I've ordered several trucks through him and have been able to get things that were not on the options sheet. For example, the 6x9 chrome mirrors on a 92 Dakota Sport. Nothing big deal but still...have never seen a Sport with the 6x9's since that one. Kinda wish I had kept that one tho. It was a 5.2 with 3.9 gears, regular cab, short box, tilt and cruise, auto, ac, ps and that was it. It was a Mustang eater back then.

Auto Transport Service
Back