• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 727 slip yoke transmission

peakandscoot

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
I am replacing my 1962 trans with a 65 push button slip yoke 727. Can anyone confirm that the filler tube has a flange that bolts down to hold the filler tube in. Also anyone have an extra?

You can use a standard filler tube from a later model.
I have a early tube, chrome. You'll need to either swap back the 62 valve body or swap the rooster comb and manual valve between the two. Use the 62 neutral safety switch as well.
Doug

I am replacing my 1962 trans with a 65 push button slip yoke 727. Can anyone confirm that the filler tube has a flange that bolts down to hold the filler tube in. Also anyone have an extra?
yes it has a flange that bolts

I believe all 727 cases prior to '69 had provisions for the filler tube bolt.

You can use a standard filler tube from a later model.
I have a early tube, chrome. You'll need to either swap back the 62 valve body or swap the rooster comb and manual valve between the two. Use the 62 neutral safety switch as well.
Doug
Ya we made all the changes when we rebuilt the transmission. its been sitting in the garage for about a year since then waiting for the money to complete the engine. Now that im bolting the trans up i need a filler tube. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back