• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Dodge Coronet 500

Unless he thinks it's floating in air (considering the location of the water pump) I think he got the gist

As long as I'm at it. It really isn't "in front of" the driver's side head. It's at the corner where the valley pan rail and deck surface meet, and is machined at the same level as the valley pan rail.

The 413 was not available in b-bodies in 1965. It was only available in the big cars. If there is a 413 in it, someone installed it at a later date.

I race a Hemi 65 that I have owned since 1969. I have also owned several dozen of those cars, and still have a couple that are in various states of restoration/restification.

I live in Pennsylvania, and this car is apparently in California. If it wasn't so far away, I'd probably be out there hunting it up.

If it wasn't so far away, I'd probably be out there hunting it up.

And THAT is exactly why I advised someone who posted pics of a "barn find" NOT to post pics showing a license number or a VIN until they have it bought. Cause some......body will try to beat them out of it.

Personally I think anyone that would do that should be strung up by the cods

I would never buy a car that was promised or sold to someone else. I would always give the first guy the first shot to buy it. But, until someone makes a commitment to buy, it is still for sale, and fair game.

But, there are too many guys out there who's eyes are bigger than their ability. If you're going to do it, then do it.

yea im a college student full time so its been kinda hardto get the money but my dad is going to forward me the money so im going to get it as soon as the moneys in the bank. as far as posting pics the car was a nevada car.

it is a 383 by the numbers on the fender tag. 061.

:tongueflap:

Just the same I think it would be a good idea for anyone to keep their "finds" anonymous until either they get it, or decide to pass it on. I wouldn't want anyone trying to "hunt up" any of my finds.

yea nobody could find this thing and even if impossibly u did it is so dirty u still would miss it haha

It's a 383 for sure (if it's the original engine and it should be turqoise). 1965 has no 413's and no 440's.

Also, check for the aircleaner housing. Is it dual snorkel or the same as a /6 (small cute thing)? If it has dual snorkels which are not tapered, try to buy that thing!! It's very hard to find and if you do, very expensive (just like 696pack stated).

yea its got an aftermarket lil chrome air cleaner set up on it...

im close to havin the cash to go get it!!

looks like the 65 will be home this weekend! im gettin the rest of the money this week and going to see him this weekend!! ill post lots of pics of it all nice and perserved!!

then ill have brother and sister (plymouth and dodge)!

I know the engine question has been answered. But, Correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't a true wedge car have a 4 bolt valve cover and all other big block engines have 6 valve cover bolts? Wouldn't that have given a quick picture on the motor?

I'm guessing by "true wedge car" you're referring to a Max Wedge car. That answer is no...depending on the year. 62's had 4 bolt covers. 64's had 6 bolt covers. But at the moment I don't recall about 63's.

My '63 Max Wedge engine had 4 bolt valve covers.

What ever happened with this car?????

Auto Transport Service
Back