• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 Plymouth Belvedere "Super Stock" Wagon

ledfut

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. Just discovered the website and thougth I would post some pictures of my car (for those of you who may not have seen it over at Moparts.com).
Some of the detailsL: Restoration completed in August of 2006...Rust free car originally from California...Engine is a mildly built 440-6BBL engine from a 1970 ‘Cuda...Engine has been done up as a “what if” 426 Super Stock Wedge (I wanted something that looked correct for 1965, but with a racier attitude than the street wedge)...Just over 3000 miles on engine since rebuild...400+ horsepower and 18-20 mpg...Edelbrock CH4B aluminum intake and Edelbrock 750 cfm carb...Transmission is a cable-shift 727 automatic...MP shift kit, stall converter, and electronic ignition...Custom 2.5” exhaust with max wedge style cutouts...8 ¾ rear end with 3.55 gears...Manual steering...Manual brakes...Radio delete...Custom seat covers done to recreate the Super Stock bucket seat pattern on the benches...215/70 R15 BFG tires on 15X6 inch Torq Thrusts on the front...2 sets of rear wheels/tires...275/60R15 BFG on 15 x 7 white steelies and 28 3/4"x8 1/2"x15 vintage piecrust Hurst Cheater Slicks (radial) from Adams Hot Rod Rubber mounted on 15X7 black steelies... Vintage 1965 Sun tach rebuilt by Williamsons

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I love that wagon Ledfut ! :yes: Ron

WOW!!! THAT THING IS SWEEEEEET!!! I'll put it on my blog...I just love Wagons!

Beatiful Wagon

Great looking, equipped '65 wagon.

I recently acquired a '64 Belvedere wagon and will retain the 318 poly for the near term, 383 for the future. Presently in the process of converting front breaks to discs + power ( I attached pics - not sure of they'll come thru. ) Phase one is to get it running for the '10 cruise season, then upgrade.

Regards,
Ted
[email protected]

64 PlyMoparWgn 004.jpg

64 PlyMoparWgn 002.jpg

Hood Scoop - what mfg ?

What hood scoop are you using ? Looks great !

Who is the manufacturer ?

thanks very much

Holy Sh!t!!! Two sweet longroofs;being partial to 64s has me diggin' that one hard. Party Wagon! Think of all the Hooters Girls you could carry...

Love that '65 a lot! Beautiful execution-I'd be proud to motor in that!

Hey ledfut sweet wagon. What air cleaner is that? I'm looking for something similar.

Updated pictures

It has been about a year and a half since I last posted on this website. I thought I would post some more recent photos of my car. I have made a few minor changes in an effort to make the car more period-authentic.

As the car originally came from Los Angeles, I wanted to add some character to the car and do it up like something that might have been owned/raced in the Long Beach area circa 1965.

All of the repop vinyl decals have all been replaced with vintage original waterslide decals (Lions Drag Strip, AHRA, Drag News, Super Stock magazine, and various speed shops, vendors, etc. from the Los Angeles area). I ordered a beautiful pair of custom reproduction "426 CID" California Plates and located and restored some vintage Plymouth dealer plate frames from the old R.O. Gould dealership in Long Beach.

The biggest change I made was to the front wheels. The modern Torq Thrust D's that were on the front are now gone in favour of a pair of vintage mid-60's Ansen aluminum rims. I spent a lot of time, effort, and money finding and restoring these, but they just look so much better than the TT's!

Mostly small changes, but I think they really add to the character of the car. It's all in the details...

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back