• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1965 wagon fuel tank/cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlymouthGuy

Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
Trying to find a solid 1965 wagon fuel tank and fuel cap. I think 1964 is the same. If you know of one please get a hold of me.
Thank you

I ended up fixing mine, 64 wagon, and within a few months I saw repops listed on ebag.

Thankfully you got yours fixed! The tank in my car is very thin metal. It sat exposed to the elements for close to 50 years with no fuel cap.

I have one from a 65, let get pics for you, in Connecticut so shipping will be steep if you are interested let me know

I fixed myself, after getting a quote for $350, and I had to remove the tank, which I understand involves partially removing the rearend.

I had a rust hole at the bottom, and after a few failed attempts I recalled I had just purchased a new tank for another car and they offered a block off plate and gasket for the sending unit.

I ordered up the plate, neoprene gasket, bolts with o-rings, and the tapped bolt ring.
All for a Tanksinc tank.

Cut the rust hole out, drilled holes for the bolts, slipped the ring inside, it's not a full circle so it will fit inside a smaller hole.
Put the gasket on, and bolted the plate on.
That was a few years ago, not even a drop has leaked out, no seeping, nothing.

20190511_155159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back