• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 440 block question

19mopar65

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
I was reading the new mopar action and in one of the letters to the editor someone asked what the best year 440 blocks were and he said they were all pretty good but said stay away from 1966 440 blocks.....just wondering you guys' take on that or why that would be....THANK YOU!

He wanted to keep all the 1966 440 blocks for himself? Or he must have known someone, somewhere, sometime who thought the '66 block had an inherent problem. If you're going to build a 440, just put in the budget a $100 for a sonic check.

I have never had any trouble with any of them. and I have had my share of them.and probly sum of yours........Artie

Well I was just wondering I have a 1966 block in my 65 and open to why he would have said that

I too read that and asked the same thing in another post( motor home vs car 440). I think that what IQ52 said about sonic testing is the right way to answer any concern about any block. We have all heard the old saying about a monday or friday car right? the same could be said for the block or ANY part for that matter. It has been said on here before and I will say it again... a 440 is a 440. happy motoring:)

Auto Transport Service
Back