• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1966 440 factory flat top pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
hey guys and gals. Had a little mishap with the motor. Dropped a piston and cracked a piece off a skirt so I'm wondering if anyone has a standard bore 1966 440 piston that they wouldn't mind getting rid of. If it includes the rod that's even better as due to this coronavirus crap its hard to get anyone to do any work. I don't know what its like in the U.S. but here in ireland its a nightmare.
Hope everyone is keeping safe

I think I may have a reasonable one from a 67 440. I'll check in just a bit and let ya know for sure.:thumbsup:

Thats awesome. The ones I have are flat top pistons. The motor is a 66 440 out of a new yorker if that makes any difference

Looks like I may be able to get you fixed up. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me what part number is cast on the inside of the piston? Also what is the measurement from the top of the piston to either the top, center or bottom of the wrist pin? -Trent

Mine looks to be 1.456" from the top of the wrist pin to the top of the piston as pictured. Part number is 2843975/2843976. I was getting ready to scrap them so if you can use it, just cover shipping cost and I'll get one heading your way. No worries either way, just let me know. :thumbsup: -Trent

0507201600~2.jpg

I'll have to try get out to my workshop over the next few days. Its difficult to try get there at the moment due to this virus and the country under lockdown but as soon as I get there ill get the info required

I tried to get out to my workshop over the weekend and today after work but unfortunately I was stopped by police and told to return home. I have to travel for work tomorrow close to my workshop so I'll drop in then and get the info

Exact match of my piston Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back