• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966-67 Charger Wheel Lip Moldings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess that I will cut off a hunk of aluminum and one of SS about a foot long and 6" wide. I will carve out a hardwood form and cut that in half to make the stamps. Slide a piece of each type metal in between and smack that with a 12 pound sledge as hard as I can and see what transpires. Try lubing them or dry fit. Also hot and cold. it's a learning curve...lol. The other option is the 67-1976 Dodge Dart lip trim. It's nearly identical to the 67 Coronet. Costs half of those too.

Well, I guess that I will cut off a hunk of aluminum and one of SS about a foot long and 6" wide. I will carve out a hardwood form and cut that in half to make the stamps. Slide a piece of each type metal in between and smack that with a 12 pound sledge as hard as I can and see what transpires. Try lubing them or dry fit. Also hot and cold. it's a learning curve...lol. The other option is the 67-1976 Dodge Dart lip trim. It's nearly identical to the 67 Coronet. Costs half of those too.
There are some talented people on this forum. I'm sure if you think you can do this that you have a better working knowledge of it than I do. I'm looking forward to seeing this. Please keep us informed of your progress. What you are talking about for now is mostly just time and labor. I can see myself trying this and it would end up for me with more money than I would have spent on a set of trim. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back