• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Belvedere

I also have a 66 Belvedere 2dr sedan and is as solid as yours. Mine was a factory AC car and the floor under the HVAC box was solid as can be but the left rear floor was rusty. I'm thinking the left side of the body was leaking because it had been hit right at the door gap but it didn't get the door. Someone fixed it but it wasn't as good as it could have been. A friend gave me a 67 4dr Coronet that was super solid all over and if it wasn't for someone picking parts off the engine etc and the interior being dry as a bone, I would have fixed it up and used it for a driver instead of parting it out.

We got the lightly used Specialty Wheels 15 x7s and 8's for cheep. I think the floor is coming out of the 4 door.

We bought the wheels used from a private party. He said they were made by a company called Specialty Wheels.

New gas tank from Jeg's.

DSCN5129[1].JPG

DSCN5130[1].JPG

We managed to fit 275/60-15s on the back. Plenty of room on the inside, but only about a finger width to the outside lip. Will trim a little if needed. Hopefully the 8 3/4 is the same width as the 7 1/4.

DSCN5143.JPG

DSCN5145.JPG

DSCN5146.JPG

I will measure them next time we take them off.

That might hit if you drive over anything uneven especially with old bushings.

Found the elusive trim. The door piece is a nice used one, and the quarter piece is actually NOS.

DSCN5158[1].JPG

We got the floor patched up and the 8 3/4 put in. The wheels have 4 1/2" backspace. I could use another half inch.

DSCN5200[1].JPG

DSCN5201[1].JPG

DSCN5202[1].JPG

DSCN5203[1].JPG

DSCN5204[1].JPG

Obviously partial based on my profile picture of my car. Love the progress. Keep listing where you find parts, especially the hard to find stuff for post cars.

Looks real good you would be surprised if you took a buffer to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back